Help me find good hair without evil scripts - Hair Fair 2011

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alycia Blaylock wrote:

I liked seeing what hair designers have been doing with the new tattoo layer. Lots of good free tattoo hairbases, some for braids & cornrows, some with cute little strands aroud the face & at the back of the neck.

Well done on getting yourself re-kitted out with script free hair there.

And I also noticed the tattoo layer thing in the dread-braids I got. Very interesting and it looks like a very successful technique. I think it will greatly improve the viability of many African hair styles that can braid to the point of leaving divisions in the scalp visible.

This new tattoo layer thing might result in me getting back into looking at hair again if more makers start exploiting it for dreads and braids.

Dresden, the hair & tats look fabulous. Don't you love how the new hairbases can be combined with different hairstyles?

I had my 3 avatars go to the Hair Fair to stock up on the freebies, dollarbies & LM's to shops. I've sorted most of my goodies into subfolders for different hairstyles, tossed out alot of old hair, but still need to toss out more. The best hair I have left after this process will direct me to the shops I want to visit & possibly buy more from.

Merchants be careful of what you put in your freebie packs! I might never buy from you, if you only give away poor-quality freebies, a T-shirt or a hair flower.

What I really want now is a Skin & Make-up Fair. For the last 2 years my roommate has been trying to find perfect skin with perfect make-up.  Now - with the new tattoo layer - we can improve almost perfect skin with the right lipstick or go from a day to evening look without having to buy a whole new skin. I can't use multiple tattoo layers with my Phoenix viewer, but I hope we'll be able to do that with Firestorm.

I do love the hair bases, but what I really love is being able to use the multiple layers in Firestorm (and of course the LL V2 viewers, though I won't use those).

New_Hair_&_Makeup.png

Your warning to merchants is very solid, if you give away nice stuff instead of throw-away crap then people will think you know what the hell you're doing and take the time to go check out the rest of your stuff. If all you can manage to do is slap some crap together, why should anyone bother?

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.