I get an error message saying my video driver is is not adequate with a video ca (raedeon 6770)

Chip Rumble

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I down load SL from the website an d when launching the program, during VFS check it comes back with a message that saying the video card and or drivers are not sufficient to run SL.

I have a HP dv7 1245 with Raedeon 6770 graphics card. Is there a driver that can fresolve this problem?

3 answers to this question

While you should always have the newest drivers if possible, I believe your issue is that the  LL viewer (and hence all the third party viewers  I have tried) does not recognize your Radeon card.

I have a HD6900 and it works perfectly except for some shadow issues which are inherent with ATI cards. So you should be fine. Check for a new driver update though. If you turn on your Windows Update (in Win7 anyway) and have it do all recommended updates, it will put in new drivers as they come available. At least it did for mine :D.

EDIT: When you get into world, you will need to go to your PREFERENCES window (different path in each viewer) and change the GRAPHIC settings. You should be able to run ULTRA and it will set it much lower than that as the install program doesn't know what your card can do :D.

Good luck!

There originally was an issue with the 6750 and 6770 as per my comments in this thread:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/I-m-running-an-ATI-Radeon-HD-6770-Has-anyone-gotten-this-card-to/qaq-p/849347 

You're clearly using an OEM version of the 6770 as the HP dv7 1245 is a laptop, not a desktop. AMD do not supply a driver for this card in laptops, instead recommending you get one from the laptop manufacturers's website. The link to the HP website is on AMD's website here:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/737-28041SupportforATIMobility.aspx

Click the HP logo and follow the link. Click the green Driver selector and enter your details. You'll eventually get to a page where you can select an automatic search utility for detecting your system details and advising on updated drivers available for it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.