I would like to know if i can not use new Viewer 2, i will not play anymore SL

Npeace Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I try the download of SL Viewer 2 new and Firestorm, None could be installed in my pc. During 4 years i did not have problem with the program, Now will broke and i can not use the new viewers. Are they intend to do a new program for people wich can not install the programs?

3 answers to this question

There may be something with your system that is preventing a successful download and or installation. Try disabling your anti virus, your firewall and any other program you may be running.

If you cannot install the program how would developing a new program solve anything?

You could write Linden Labs an email and ask them to create a program specifically for you I suppose.

Also, if you have an older system, your computer may not have the capabilities to run the newer viewers based on new code. Something about technology and improvements and advancements and such. 

Oh, here's the link to other viewers that may be of benefit to you:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

The enability to install any program on any computer is due to one of two things.  The computer is preventing a successful installation or the program is badly coded and will not install properly on a computer that has an operating system it was coded for.  Since neither of the two programs you mentioned have an issue about being properly coded for a computer that has the operating system the program was coded for, that leaves your computer.  One thing you can check very easily.........did you download the viewer for your operating system?  Example:  You have a Windows system and you downloaded the Mac viewer...........that will not install on a Windows system.

Check your computer set up..........that is where your problem is.  If you can't fix your computer then I guess you will have to live up to your threat about not playing.  Sorry to hear that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.