I keep getting an error message when i try to log in, it says my clock or date may not be correct?

Celeina Chaffe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

I'd suggest checking your clock under the Control Panel.  It should match you local time.  Check the date (inlcuding the year) too.  You wouldn't be the first person to get tripped up this way.

ETA:  Here's a bit from the SL Knowledge Base that might help:

"This message has been around a long time and can be misleading. It refers to time-based sensitivities with security certificates, but normally isn't a problem, as you can test for yourself by deliberately setting your computer to the wrong time and trying to login. It should work.

If you're absolutely certain your time is set correctly, you haven't changed your system setup, and Second Life was working fine moments before, it's likely a transient problem with our servers. Check the Grid Status Reports page for news and try to login periodically — often all it takes is patience while we fix Second Life. If you continue to get this problem after logins work reliably again for other Residents, contact Support."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.