"Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region."

Perl Herbit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was trying to move my store by selecting all the items and then take it at once.

it has more than 290 prims and around 1100 prims

trying to rezz it  give me this error message "Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region."

not sure what to do to rezz it things i tried,

make sure i have the right tag and goup land permission [checked]

tried to rezz it in differen sims [checked]

tried to rezz it in differen sandboxes [checked]

yet no chance. please i need help with this issue.

Thanks

Perl Herbit

4 answers to this question

I've noticed that sometimes people have trouble if they have linden trees involved, and it also mentions it in this article:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-move-a-build/ta-p/919109

Perhaps if you have already tried everything in that article you could contact support, I have seen it mentioned that in difficult cases you may be able to rez your items in a special sandbox and repackage your items into a more workable solution.

https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/

There are limits to how big a coalesced object you can rez. When you rez any object, the sim's servers stop momentarily. Normally, the pause is so short that you and I don't notice it, but it becomes quite significant if you are rezzing an object with many prims. For that reason (at least initially), LL imposed a time limit on rezzing. In the very old days, the limit was set at 15 seconds.  It's been raised to 30 seconds in private sims. In any case, if you try to rez something that takes more time than the servers are allowed to pause for, they simply refuse to rez it. That's a pain for large-size coalesced objects. The limit on the number of prims you can rez in a coalesced object is 1,000. If you have one that pushes or exceeds the limit, it times out before you can rez it. The standard advice, should you be in that unfortunate position, is to file a support ticket and ask them to split your supersized coalesced object into smaller ones.

• Like 1

No real answer here, just some possibilities and info for others for the future.

This was mentioned a couple of times in the last few weeks. I am not sure if the question was actually "answered" however :D. First of all, you know now that this was a bad plan *wink*.

I was wondering what would happen with this scenario so I went out on the sandbox and did a test.

I rezzed a hefty prim necklace and made several copies to equal your prim count. I took them into my inventory.  I made sure that there were enough prims in the sandbox to accommodate the number of prims  I needed to rez the coalesced object.

I was able to both "restore to last position" and rerez. BUT here's the thing. Even though I had 1,100 plus prims out there, I was only able to TAKE about half that number (650 or so). When I rezzed them again not all the items were there. Whether this is the new FIRESTORM protecting me, I know no.   I did the same test three times though with the same results.

So, if you have tired on a sandbox where you checked to see the available prims in the LAND > OBJECTS tab, there must be something else going on. A confusing script? Not sure. I think before someone suggested talking to Live Chat and see if there was a way they could break up the object. I am guessing not t - but it doesn't hurt to ask.  My only NEW idea would be to try and see if you can rez it on the beta grid and see if it is even all there. That won't really help much. You may need to put your shop together the old fashioned way.

If you still have the ability to return the store to its former position and a viewer that will let you do that (Phoenix, Firestorm, Imprudence for example) then I would try that. If it was a RECENT take you might be able to get a rollback.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.