Sim offline for over 9 hours now

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, at roughly midnight GMT the sim Cedar Bluff went offline after a restart, i have tried contacting lindens with no response, i have tried contacting the sim owner with no response and i have tried asking for solutions in world in groups and the conclusion i come to is that no body knows what to do. My wife and i own quite a lot of land there in fact more than half the sim and have many items there so if the sim was not paid for by the owners for whatever reason and now the sim is being closed is it possible for me to get into the sim to atleast collect my items?

If you or any of the other residents there are premium members you can try asking Live Chat on https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/  if not you could submit a ticket or give it a try calling the free billing number, its not really their job, but if you are lucky someone helpful answers the phone.

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

I see that the sim is still showing as offline, but also as an invalid location, which does seem to suggest it is in some kind of suspended state.  You need to speak with Live Chat when they open, and find out what is occurring.

If it were me, I would have the sim owners added to my online tracker, so I can contact them as soon as they come online (and see if they are not coming online) - then if they aren't coming online, you can see why you're not getting responses to your messages.

If the worst case scenario happens and the sim does get removed, LL are usually really good about opening the sim for 24 hours so you can pick up your stuff.

Again, Live Chat support will be able to advise you officially about this.

I wish you luck.

ok tried calling the UK number as i am a UK resident and i get caught up in a loop of recorded messages basically saying file a ticket or live chat, live chat tells me to file a ticket, some use that is, while the sim is offline my servers are also offline so all the vendors out there that my customers have as affiliates are now useless as they can't get the products from the servers. I am currently building a very large racetrack there too so nothing is backed up so i really need to get on there and atleast get my stuff.

ok the latest is:

It appears that ''Cedar Bluff'' has been taken offline intentionally, and at this time, there are no indications of plans to reactivate it. Unfortunately we cannot give out any information as to the reasons for the island being taken down; you should contact the island owner for details, and to verify if the island will be closed temporarily or permanently.  The region has been reactivated until tomorrow to allow you to reclaim your objects.

WTG sim owners for letting me know >:o

Good stuff, Aries :matte-motes-grin:

I think the reason why the sim owners haven't let you know is possibly their account is temporarily suspended; this happens if people fall behind with payments to LL. This is pure speculation on my part, you understand. It is unlikely that the sim owner was intending to take your money and run; more probable is it that they were in denial about their own financial situation.

However, I am very pleased you are now able to collect your belongings from the land, and thank you for updating this thread too; it will undoubtedly help other people who have the same unfortunate experience.

I hope your next landlord is a better manager of their land and money!

That is horrible, sorry to hear that.

It is one of the reasons I bought mainland and eventually my own region, you're so in the dark if anything goes wrong and you don't own the land.

One sim I had was sold by its owners and I had a day to pack up an entire city.

Once my own region wouldn't come back online again after a restart, I too got live chat and asked them to do a restart, two told me they couldn't do that and I'd have to file a ticket... but the last time I filed a ticket I had to wait over half a year before I got a reply.

So I kept starting new live chats and eventually got one chap who told me it was no problem, he restarted the region and within minutes all was back to normal again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.