Annalise Ember

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I cleared cache, took everything off, rebaked,  uninstalled and reinstalled, tried the "'RenderUnloadedAvatar'" in debug, tried Phoenix, tried tping, tried editing appearance, tried whatever I could find in forums, blogs, answers, and knowledge base.  and am about a nanometer away from telling LL to stuff their moronic game into someplace unpleasant.

Check your internet connection. It has happened to me 10 days ago and none of any viewers would fix it. I finally discovered it came from my router and cable. First unplug then restart your router (allow 30 seconds). If the problem remains, contact your provider.

If you are stuck as a cloud, change your hairbase (the system hair that forms your eyebrow shape. Create a new one and wear it, your avatar will appear. If your avatar is greyed out or just not appearing normally (clothes not showing up), try the Character Test. This will turn you into a newbie avatar, it's good when you're stuck as a cloud too. In Phoenix viewer it's in Advanced (Ctrl+Alt+D), Character > Character Tests > Test Female or Test Male. In Viewer 2 it is under the Advanced Develop Menu (Ctrl+Alt+Q) under Avatar > Character Tests > Test Female or Test Male. You will show up as the newbie avatar, after which you can change your outfit and your clothes and skin should rez normally (takes a few mins and some rebakes for me). If you have problems still, another trick I use is to log into another viewer, then log back into my regular viewer and that sometimes does the trick. Rez issues drive me nuts on a daily basis, this is the best advice I have. If someone else knows what is causing all of this I'd love to hear more. Good luck.

It turned out not to be my connection nor my settings nor the viewer (I tried V1.23, Phoenix and Imprudence and all three indicated the same SL BS. What it turned out to be was a folder called "my outfit". Apparently, what's in it is linked to what my avi has on for skins, clothing, attachments and if its empty, there's no rezzing. I have no idea where this folder came from and would delete the stupid thing if I was sure my avi wouldn't delte with it because it seems completely redundant.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Inventory-system-folders/ta-p/700095

I can't believe the amount of pure nonsense LL comes up with.

The reason you have a "My Outfits" folder is because at some point you must have used a V2 based viewer or a TPV that uses V2 outfit functionality. Once you use one of these viewers those folders will appear in your inventory and are protected so you can't get rid of them.

When you save an outfit in V2, or a viewer that has V2 like functionality as does Phoenix, it will automatically (by default) save that outfit (as links) into your "My Outfits" folder... it's quite useful. I suggest you give it a try.

You want to try getting used to a V2 based viewer as well since V1 viewers (such as the ones you've mentioned) will soon become obsolete. I use Firestorm and find it was the easiest to get used to.

...Dres

• 6 months later...

I am having this problem too.  I just now finally got from being a cloud/white dot to being "ruth" (short female).  However I cannot change my shape or anything else because it says I "have to wait until clothes and shape are fully loaded" which never happens.  Numerous rebakes, reloads etc don't help. 

Thanks, Dres. My avi shows up now so I am happy.

Sad that the old viewers will become obsolete. I've tried V2, Firestorm, and am now using the newest version of Phoenix as I really don't like Firestorm and V2. I prefer things to be simple because they are easier to use. V2 and Firestorm seem quite a bit more complicated. I haven't tried V3 yet, but I will.

Have an awesome weekend. :)

Hugs

If you have a folder called "my outfit" in your inventory, you might try putting a shape, skin, clothes in it. If I remember right, that's how I fixed my problem. So as long as that folder has a copy of what you are wearing, you should be fine. 

I find the folder kind of handy now because if I forget what I am wearing or need the name of what I am wearing, I can look there instead of looking through my entire inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.