Missing Estate/Sim Owner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I won't be able to sleep tonight until I reach out...

I'm standing at a sim right now...frozen in time to about 2 months ago. The owner used to have horse sales here...and all of her horses are sick...and the place is at a stand still. No one has see or heard from the owner in about 2 months (at least since after the quake in Japan - which is where she is from). I contacted Linden Labs...but they couldn't/didn't help except to say to contact the Estate manager (which she is). The sim is still up - so I suspect that a credit card is linked to the account and still active (at least for now)...I'm genuinely concerned...it's the saddest thing I've seen..

Linden Lab...if you're out there...could you at least look into this? Check and see if the owner has been online? You have the ability to check the last log in date...then go into account history...possibly reach out to the credit card carrier...if not...then I would be so disappointed...

::cries::

HI Janett,

Sorry to hear about your friend, I`m sure that not knowing what is going on is very worrying. Sadly there is very little you can do to find out, thats the nature of SL, for the most part an anonomous world.

It is unlikely LL will do anything from your post, especially as you don`t mention her name, but please don`t add it as that wouldn`t help anyway. If you want to know when she last logged in, that info is available to anyone in any of the groups she is in, if you are not a member of any of the same groups, you can try asking someone that is, though I am not sure how that info will help you at all.

All you can really do is wait & hope for the best.

ya the groups will show a last login date..if there is one that is open enrollment that she is in you could join that to see the last login date..

i hope for the best for your friend..

SL may just be the last thing on their mind at the present time is all..

i hope you find out something so you can feel more setteld .i know waiting or not knowing is terrible feeling..

The RL me lives in Japan, so perhaps I can help.

First, do you have any idea where in Japan the sim owner lives? Even if in the Northeast, for all the horror of the disaster, the numbers of dead and missing are proportionally small, and tt is statistically unlikely that she is dead, to begin with. If anywhere else, she is alive and well.

Second, if her credit card is still active, I guarantee that she is alive and and financially functional. Banks here are every bit as predatory as anywhere else, and they swiftly cut off the accounts of all dead and missing, with polite and regretful bows to surviving relatives. Company balance sheets always win out over human considerations.

Third, those of us not directly affected by the disaster have undergone something of a conceptual shift. Every day the weather forecast includes radiation counts and electricity usage statistics, and even escapist types who enjoy SL have experienced a jolt (though in my case this resulted in me signing up to SL, at long last, but I live in central Tokyo). If your sim owner has children (as I do not), she has reassessed her life priorities as a matter of urgency, and pixel horses, however cute and hungry, must take a back seat, for a while at least.

My conclusion: don't be sad -- the sim owner is almost certainly alive and well, but probably in an area affected by the disaster to some extent, and her mind is on other things. She may return to her hobby at some point, but then again may not. Grieve for the horses, but rest assured that she is carrying on with her life, even if it is less 'sweet' (amai in Japanese, something like 'soft and easy') than before.

Thanks, Ahania (and everyone) for your response...I do feel more at peace. I really don't know the owner...she is a friend of a friend...but her missing has struck a chord with me. Ahania - I hope what you say is true about the credit card - that that is the case here. I hope she has had that change of focus...and has moved on to better things. I'm just going to think that is true...

:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.