I think I picked up a griefing script. How do I clean my avatar?

Quallain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I think I have a griefing script attached to something on my avatar.  I was teleporting to some of the newbie chat areas listed in the destinations window on the basic viewer.  While doing this I picked up a couple of freebie items.  I now realize it's a mistake to do this.  I tried using the items, then detached them.  The next time I teleported to another area, things started going wrong.  The environment didn't fully come up, then a couple of minutes later, many pictures of a bunny with the caption "Baww" came up from the ground and flew towards me over my head.  Then after that, lots and lots of pictures of someone with a bag on their head and the caption "rape rape rape" came up and flew towards me in the same manner.  I deleted the items, but it was to late of course, damage done.  I removed and reinstalled the SL viewer 2, but of course this won't take care of the script, if that's the problem, though it might have gotten rid of the pictures (textures?).  So now I'm having problems with environments not fully coming up.  I was told all of this is because of a griefing script attached to something I'm wearing.  I could take everything off and put things back on one at a time, but the issues aren't consistent, so it wouldn't definitely identify the item .  So does this problem sound like it's being caused by a script?  Is there a program, utility or tool I can use to clean my avatar?  One that will tell me what all of the scripts are that are attached to the avatar, and will allow me to delete them?

3 answers to this question

Yup, you picked up a griefer's toy somewhere.  It happens.  The only thing you can do is to find a nice quiet place where you can start taking off attachments one by one until you have found the object.  When you've found it, delete it and it can't bother you again.

• Like 1

Just to expand on what Rolig said,  the script can't have attached itself to something you were already wearing -- you'd need to put the script into the attachment, and I'm sure you didn't do that.   What's happened, I'm sure, is that you're still wearing something that you were given, and that contains the bothersome script.   So that should narrow down what you need to look for.

If you go to World > Show > Beacons and tell it to show Scripted Objects, that should highlight your scripted attachments.   See if you see something you're wearing that's  glowing that shouldn't be.

• Like 2

If you happen to be using the new Firestorm viewer, you can look for the script directly.  Click World >> Parcel Details >> Script Info >> Avatar .  That will give you a list of all the scripts you are wearing, how much memory they are using, and where they are attached.  When you see the bogus one in the list, you'll know which attachment point to look at.  Remove and delete whatever is attached there.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.