Thinking of going into house market, what do people tend to look for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have shopped different vendors, and noticed this -

Some houses use a lot of sculpts and house controls, thereby increasing the number of positioning and other scripts and unlinked parts (since phantom and non-phantom cannot seem to esist in the same "object", correct me if wrong)

Some houses are really nice, but seem over-primmed and over priced. Saw one L$8,000 house that had over 500 prims.

The nice-ness of the houses seem to have little to do with the prim counts.

See, when I do my houses -

The windows of course have selectable textures and work independently. (so if you want to draw the blinds in some room but not others)

The doors are linked to the house and each has their own script to operate.

Megas are used where possible, I do not use any sculpts. (yes sculpts save prims but I cannot make those well enough) 

Everything in the house is linked. Houses would be copy/mod/no trans.

With staircases, any builder knows those are a nightmare no matter how you slice it (no pun there) Mine tend to be either a textured plank or notched blocks. (yes noobish but even notched blocks don't hog any more prims than a sculpt with the respective invisiprim planks)

One house I built, the outside looks kind of "boxy" and like maybe a GOVT building, it is 30 by 50, 3 floors, 85 prims, no furniture. The inside has an antique ballroom look. There are 15 scripts total, one in each of the 4 doors and the other 11 in windows.I may install some lighting in it before it hits the market (if it does)

So just with your average house buyer, what all are they looking for? I like the houses I built, but wondering if they would sell or if I need to over-complicate them like some of the other buiklders tend to do.

A couple of tips that I would pass along are:

Mega's are never a good idea in anything you sell but especially a building. Often your buyer will try to adjust them and when they do, the house is ruined.  Also they usually don't link well or work well in Rezzers.

Also textures are going to be what sells it or not. Create your own textures and don't just cover some prims with cheap tiled textures. Bake in the shadows and make sure your walls have a natural gradient to it to make it looked lived in.

And finally, furnish the home.  Furnished homes where the buyer knows the prim count of your model home furnished, always adds to the its popularity.

You can have a phantom prim in an otherwise solid object by setting it to flexi and then linking it to the object. You need to set the flexi options to a stiff setting if needed. I think low prim design is the key. I have wandered into many good looking houses with just one piece of furniture in them. When I look at the house's prims and the prim count on the land where it sits, I always see that the owner ran out of prims to furnish the house. I also don't think adding windows by using alpha textured walls is a good idea. Too many alpha sorting issues with hair, plants, and other transparent furniture.

The prim counts are reasonable in the houses, given the size of land they would fit.

With the alpha windows, that is kind of hard to get around though, I mean I have seen houses that entire walls are a window and yeah I am aware of the alpha problem.

One thing with furniture though in a lot of the houses i have seen, it looks pretty bad, like an afterthought.

I have bought houses and back when I actually cared about doing my own decor, most of the existing furniture was out, which is kind of why I am wondering if others tend to ditch the existing furniture.

BTW the fact that the houses would be unfurnished would be reflected in the price.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.