Privacy Policy IM conversations

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright  I have a question.

If someone you muted posted in their profile some bad stuff about you and then say they have a  Notecard included. Meaning they have a private IM conversation between the two of you. Are they violating ToS by admitting they have a notecard in their profile stating the obivous? Can you report them for just that? Like for example:

Anna and Judy are no long friends anymore

Anna posts in her profile her " mute list" of people she have on mute

However Anna also posts a little note below judy's name saying that she have a " notecard" included into why.

So that means if someone ask anna to show them a notecard of the conversation. Does that violate the ToS?

Recently a secondlife user posted my name in their profile on their little " mute list " stating they had a note card included. I felt that my privacy with this person was violated.. I reported them but i'm not sure it they're going against ToS.

if they post a conversation in their profile you had with them you can AR them..if they name you in their profile  and trash you..you can AR them

just having a logged conversation is not an offense..it's when they share it that it becomes an offense

1. Disclosure

Residents are entitled to a reasonable level of privacy with regard to their Second Life experience. Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed. Remotely monitoring conversations in Second Life, posting conversation logs, or sharing conversation logs without the participants' consent are all prohibited.

Minx Kurosawa wrote:

So that means if someone ask anna to show them a notecard of the conversation. Does that violate the ToS?

Sharing IM conversations without consent is a violation of the Community Standards (no matter what kind of disclaimer someone has in their profile).

Minx Kurosawa wrote:

Recently a secondlife user posted my name in their profile on their little " mute list " stating they had a note card included. I felt that my privacy with this person was violated.. I reported them but i'm not sure it they're going against ToS.

Simply stating that they have a notecard is not.

if you can prove they are sharing it with others and you don't give them permission to do so..then yes

you could AR the profile with the image option so LL can see that they had said this in their profile as well..

this way there is no dispute of you photochopping the profile image..

it would be  LL's actual screenshot of it so to speak ..

then if you catch them sharing  it they have  a little proof that they were advertising it as well..

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.