Profile wrongly flagged as adult?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, all!

Today someone informed me that my profile wasn't showing up in search. Checking things out, it turns out that my profile is flagged as adult. This is very strange, as I have nothing adult listed in my profile, nor am I even interested in adult activities.

Sadly, this is seriously affecting my business, as customers are not able to contact me via search. I have searched about, but I've not been able to find any means of fixing this, so I figured I would ask here.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause an account to show up as adult, and possibly how to fix this?

Thanks for the reply!

Searching for friends who also have payment info shows them up as either G (general) or M (moderate), so sadly it's not about payment info.

I've also checked if it was relating to what content I could access, and found out that's not the reason either, as a friend who has access to all content (and has for a long time) is still rated G.

I've only recently changed to a version 2 viewer, so this is the first I've seen of any of this. Trying to search for only general and moderate will, sadly, not allow my name to show up in the new search, however.

Did you age verify?

your name show right up for me with viewer 2 on this account and I have a bot account that is not age verified nor dose it have payment on files.It is just a free account on viewer 2 your name comes right up for me on that account as well.

Yes, I am age verified, though most other people I search for, whom I know are age verified, show up with the G or M tag.

I've searched for your name, and you show up with a G (general).

I'm happy to hear that my name is showing up for some people, although I still want to remove that A (adult) flag that seems to be affecting some from being able to see my profile.

Hi, search-beta.secondlife.com updates are a little slow today and I am atil trying to confirm, but I think the trigger could be the "x.x" emoticon in the part about white chocolate. I am seeing lots of innocent profiles with repeated "x" patterns that are flagged as adult.

Adding -- this is the kind of search that gets the adult flag, the problem can be very confusing to explain when we have three separate kinds of search going on!

autumnfox.jpg

I checked with a couple other accounts, using a V2 viewer, and sadly I'm still flagged as adult (with the red A), according to V2 search. A friend with the latest official viewer 2 also checked and got the same results as I did.

I'm not sure why I showed up in your own V2 seach with the G (general) tag. I'm glad some can still view my profile, at least. Hopefully someone knows what's causing this problem, and maybe how to fix it.

Thanks again for all your help!

Autumnfox Vesperia wrote:

Yes, bee, I've posted to both Answers and the forums, in hopes of finding a solution to this problem. As I've gotten different responses from each method, I believe it was important to do so.

if you have any useful information, I'd be very happy to hear it. Thanks again.

linking duplicate threads is done all the time. if any it raises your odds finding a solution to your issue. so, you're welcome.

you shoudl ask LL whats up and file a ticket if you haven't already..

just be real clear whats going on with as much detail as possible or it can take a few days to get around the normal trouble shooting guestions they will ask..at one response a day avg that we had  with them..it took a week to get a simple answer..

so be specific and detailed heheheh

I've just checked, and checked with a couple friends a swell, and now my profile is showing with a blue G (general)! It seems you were right, Cerise. Thank you SO much for your help!

What a strange thing though, flagging a profile just for an simple emoticon? I really wish LL had a listing of what "words" it used in it's adult flagging algorithm.

Anyway, thanks again!  Thanks also, to everyone else who offered their time, help and advice!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.