Clipped image has white background when imported

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A 'clipped' image, created in PS and imported as a texture appears with a white background where it should be transparent. How do I create a prim which has the image appearing on a transparent background.

…I bet it's simple and I am just not seeing something I need to do :matte-motes-bashful:

what format did you save and upload the image as? In order for it to be transparent it needs to be PNG or TARGA, I personally prefere TARGA myself. If you save and upload it as a JPG file it will end up with the transparent areas being white or black. If you saved it as a PNG file try converting it to a TARGA and see what happens.

• Like 1

Hey Ianto,

I have seen several threads discussing the benefits/disadvantages between tga and png. There was something about PNGs causing more flickering.

Here is one, but I can't find the ones that discussed the issue in detail (perhaps someone else can):

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Building-and-Texturing-Forum/Flickering-PNG-s-and-haloed-alpha-PNG-s/td-p/854203/page/2

If I had to solve this problem, I would skip Photoshop, load the image to Lunapic, remove the background wither wih Magic Wand at 1% or transparent at 1%, depending on the foreground, save to desktop as PNG and convert to TGA with either Irfanview of Converthub. 

Then I would load it to SL as a temporary image with Imprudence and test to before loading it permanently.

I have learned to never trust SL to respect transparency in any format other than TGA.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.