I've waited all this time just to make my noob question seem that much more noobish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After many many moons in SL, including "owning" a Linden house, and renting a homestead for a fairly lengthy period I find myself considering a 512 parcel.  

The trouble is that outside of reactivating my premium membership I don't have a clue what to do to get the parcel.  I'm just planning on using it to set up a SLX  Xstreet  Marketplace Magic Box and a vendor server of some sort.  A small shop might turn up at some point in the future but then again it might not.  

Since I tend to make totally un-wholesome sorts of things I'd prefer this to be on an adult sim.

So I know what I want and I know that I need to reactivate my premium membership and then I need to...  Ummm....  

What do I need to do after that?  Is there a land dispenser, do I finally have to brave the terrors of the land store, do I have to buy something at auction?  Would I be better off just getting another Linden house thereby avoiding hassle (but giving up the possible storefront option down the road)?

Inquiring minds want to know.  Well at least I do.

Thanks for any low mocking help that can be offered :)

After reactivating your premium membership you could open the map, check off the Land for Sale button so the parcels for sale appear yellow on the map and double click to teleport to them and compare prices and locations. It will take a few teleports to be able to easily reconize the size of a 512 parcel on the map but it will be clear quickly. You then right click the land and select Buy Land, (you will have to buy it from the resident that currently owns it). Take your time comparing though, some are expensive and some very cheap.

Wilhelmina Hinchcliffe wrote:

So I know what I want and I know that I need to reactivate my premium membership and then I need to...

Buy a land!

I did it through auctions but there are many other options.

1. Viewer search - the best so far since you can filter down to your land size, rating, budget

2. Search for it in Marketplace - use the URL link to visit  inworld

3. Search for it in the Mainland forums (painful but you get to contact the seller and maybe negotiate)

4. Just tp to Zindra open your World Map and check Land Sale. This way at least you know if the place is near the road or water or inland. You could also possibly guess if the traffic around the areas would be good place to start a shop in the future.

You could do a search for a 512 parcel on the marketplace. There are plenty of them either on the mainland or in private regions.

Going premium again and get a new Liden home would not help you much as indeed, business is not allowed on the Linden homes regions.

Freecilla Kuhn wrote:

...to teleport to them and compare prices and locations. It will take a few teleports to be able to easily reconize the size of a 512 parcel on the map but it will be clear quickly..

Clicking the dollar symbol on the map show the parcel name, size and price. So no need to teleport to just check the price ;)

To upgrade back to premium, go to https://secondlife.com/my/account/membership.php?

To buy a 512, click the search button inworld, change the category to "Land & Rentals" and click search. Then on the next page (see picture below) set maturity rating to adult only and fill in the search filters for "sale", "mainland" & "512",  click enter.

You now have a list of all the adult 512s for sale on the mainland & you can change the sort order by clicking any of the column headers, such as price. You can also click to open/close more info on each entry & TP to see them.  Bear in mind that some sims on Zindra are double prim land, just in case you see any that are really expensive that may be a reason why.

Land Search V2 Beta.png

or of course you could just rent space in one of the places that will store magic boxes for you - that way you don't have to have land you don't actually need.

or you could just wait until direct delivery gets here and you won't the box at all.

If you end up buying adult mainland, welcome to zindra :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.