Sign in to follow this  
Kelethus

Its me again! :D

So I think I'm ready to invest in some land and a tiny home. I actually just bought myself a dainty little 26x26 castle tonight and set my account up to the 516 tier, for a total of 1024 square meters allowed.

...26x26 will fit just fine in that, right? Also, I seem to be having issues abandoning my Linden home. Everywhere I'm reading it says to roll World > About Land... > Abandon Land.

But my Abandon Land button is greyed out D:

How do I shot home, guys? confusedspiderman.jpg

Your castle should fit nicely in a 1024 plot. Usually, the plots are 32 x 32, so with your 26 x 26 castle, you could easily fit in a moat, too, if you wish. :)

Why you can't abandon your Linden home, I don't know. I have seen the question being asked, but haven't kept track on what the solution is. Someone else will surely come by to give you the answer.

Good luck!

- Luc -

Just want to make sure... Is the owner of the home still showing your name? And you were in your house when you tried to abandon it?

For your new home what ever you do try not to encroach your neighbour's land... and yes, that includes your tree branches. Unless your neighbour does not mind.

Make sure that you are standing on your own Linden home plot when you check about land & not the communal area outside. Stand inside the house to be sure.

How many prims is your castle? You get 234 prims with a 1024, so make sure the castle isn`t going to use them all up and leave you none to decorate. Though as suggested before you can donate your 1024 to your group and buy an 1120sqm plot (using the buy for group option) and that would have 256 prims.

It says it has 97 prims.

Hmm...

I'm hoping to fully furnish the place, with lights, a bed, furniture, wall decors, props, and things for the lawn like a fence, trees, etc. I would also like to be able to play a song as media for the area. Would that put me over the prim cap for a 1024 space on average with a 97 prim home? I have no idea how to compute this mainly because I have absolutely ne experience in this LOL... but my math guesstimations are telling me I'd be cutting it close, if not stepping overboard. I have no real issue kicking my tir up another level or two if I have to. It'll actually be cheaper than my original idea xD

Yeah doesn`t leave you many, but it could be done, depends how careful you want to be...From your wishlist you don`t sound like someone that wants to watch the prim count lol :D

You could buy land that has more land for sale next to it and then buy the parcel nextdoor and join them together if you don`t have enough prims.

Lol! You're a genius.

Hmmm... Now I have to go make a shopping list and add up my total projected prim count.

Would anyone here happen to know where I could look up the average prim limits for the various tier sizes of land? Once I get a projected prim count and figure out the various levels of land limits, I can probably go ahead and safely adjust my account to the right tier.

One way is to go find parcels of land that appear to have the amount of content that you would like, move your cam so you are looking down on the plot, open your edit box and drag a selection box over the plot. You will see a prim count in the edit window saying how many prims you have selected.

Do a few because some people make better use of low prim objects than others, but you should be able to work out a reasonable average.

You can also look on about land, objects tab to see how many prims are on a parcel of land, if you happen to find one on it own separate plot that matches what you are planning to do.

Okay, home abandoned.

...Now I can't seem to figure out an easy way to shop for land. Tried the classifieds on the website... horrible layout. Most expensive listed first, no keyword options, blegh. Tried ingame search, I can't even load into half the regions that came up. I even googled "1024 second life land for sale" and the first 3 pages of results were everything I wasn't looking for.

How the hell do you people buy or rent land? Seriously lol.

I find the easiest way to find land is to open the map, check the land for sale checkbox at the top right. Then find a comfortable zoom level, pan around the map, click the for sale labels to see price and size of a plot. Then tp to a location that seems interesting to inspect and perhaps buy. There is also a land for sale section in search, but I never used it so I don't know how good it is.

- Luc -

Inworld land search is easy and also a complete list of all mainland currently for sale, but you need to use the right one. If you are using a V1 based viewer such as Phoenix, that land search is very simple and self explanatory. If you are using the current V2 style search, its horrendous and I wouldn`t even bother, it has limited filters and hard to read results. The new V2 search is very good & once you find where to set things is very simple to use. Check my post on http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion/I-ve-waited-all-this-time-just-to-make-my-noob-question-seem/m-p/963971/message-uid/963971#U963971 which explains how to search for a 512 using it, with a picture.

The other good way to find a bargain, is if you know the type of area that you want to buy in, for example you mentioned snow before,  going to that region and flying around and looking, you can often find really good plots of unconventional sizes that are abandoned & you can ask LL to put them up for auction. I actually saw some nice snow land just yesterday.

512m of land is 117 prims. Its is roughly though not exactly 117 prims per 512.

16m of land is 3 prims. 32m of land is 7 prims. So you can see its a bit of an odd formula in there somewhere.

If your building is 97prims, I suggest a 1536m lot. You want your building using less than a third of your prims, ideally, so you can furnish it and put up things like a sky platform for building - and still rez a car / boat / plane / whatever (those tend to use 20-32 prims).

Peewee Musytari wrote:

If you are using the current V2 style search, its horrendous and I wouldn`t even bother, it has limited filters and hard to read results.

This hasn't been true for some time now.

You contradict yourself on this in your very next sentence - but the statement that V2 search is bad for land is not true and has not been true for a couple of patches.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

If you are using the current V2 style search, its horrendous and I wouldn`t even bother, it has limited filters and hard to read results.

This hasn't been true for some time now.

You contradict yourself on this in your very next sentence - but the statement that V2 search is bad for land is not true and has not been true for a couple of patches.

Not everyone is using the latest V2 with the new search, I agree the new search is good, thats what I said in my post, its the older version that sucks. :)