blocking profile on search/phx viewer

FoxTrotFeral

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all,

I have been triying to get my main avi's profile blocked from search for DAYS. I have unchecked the 'show in search' box on my profile and searched for  it wth an alt that is not in any shared groups as my main and yet my profile still appears in search. If anyone has any further ideas  I would be most grateful.

thanks!

Edit--i searched for my profile using an alt that is not friend with my main and is not in any groups with her and still my profile comes up in search...anyone have an idea why?

4 answers to this question

You can adjust the privacy settings in your profile on line at https://my.secondlife.com/settings/privacy .  I'd suggest changing the setting on each of the elements to "Friends," which is the most restrictive level of permissions.  That should keep you from showing up in search.  If you want to make yourself invisible to selected friends, you can uncheck their access in your Friends list.  That won't actually make you invisible to thm, but it will add an extra layer of difficulty, so most people won't bother..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.