Safe-Zone Melee Combat Systems

KeeperS Karu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Heyla and well met!

As I've come to familiarize myself with the many melee combat systems available within Second Life, I've come accross the term "Safe-Zone Melee Style Systems." If I understand this correctly, this system relies upon detecting certain key presses to note whether or not you've made a melee attack. From what I've seen, this basically means detecting whethor or not you have the left mouse button held down when pressing any of the directional keys. If my understanding is correct, does this mean that a melee weapon that uses this particular method of attacking should be compatible for basic use in these types of systems? I do understand, for very specific abilities, such as assigning power attacks to your weapon or the specific kinds of damage a weapon can do, registering with a specific system's develpoer group is required, if they have one available, but if  I'm simply looking to make a melee weapon with basic functions that can work with Safe-Zone type systems, in general, would this work?

Thank you for takling the time to respond,

KeeperS Karu (Keeper S. Karu)

1 answer to this question

I suggest asking a seller of this type of 'system' your specific questions.  Ordinarily, this information would be provided in a notecard with the item purchased.  Even if you do not purchase something to read the notecard, the seller should be able to answer your question.  Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.