When does the tier rate change if I sell a piece of land?

Tish Noel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering just when the tier rate would change if I sold a piece of land and it dropped me below the amount for my current tier.  Does it change as of the next billing (in my case July 10th) or does it change the following billing (Aug 10th)?  A little confused about this - it doesn't take much these days! lol

Tish

:matte-motes-grin:

Your tier is based on the largest amount of land that you've owned at any point during the tier period.

This means that selling land won't change the next billing, only the following billing. The next billing includes the tier of the sold parcel because you did temporarily own it during the month that you're being billed for.

VERY IMPORTANT, while tier rate used to change based on the largest amount of land you owned in a month, that hasn't been true for maybe a couple of years. You need to MANUALLY change your TIER USE FEE amount in the land manager of your account. If you sell your land and do not downgrade there, you will be charged the same fee the next month. I know as this happened to an old timer friend of mine :D

Sometimes things change and we just don't know.  So find that area now and remember to make those changes :D.

Good luck with your land sale.

Hi Tish,

If you had the land deeded to a group, you need to go to the group info, land tab, and remove (or reduce) your contribution to the group.

Your peak usage for the month is made up of both land that you own in your name & any contributions you have to groups.If you selll your land and clear your contributions before the 10th (except for the tier free 512 you are allowed to keep), then that will be your last tier payment. If you still have them after the 11th you will be charged for another month on August 10th.

You can see your next scheduled payment at the bottom of your "Account Summary".

...this is absolutely correct... I would just add that is one of the main reasons owning land on a private estate - not on mainland - is a benefit, because the estate owner will charge the tier only for the time you own the land... in the moment you sell or drop your land, you will not pay the tier anymore starting with that very moment... 

...maybe I should add another benefit, the fact you don't need a premium account to own land on a private estate...

...sure, some may say that there are some private estate owners out there with unethical and unfair actions, but they are the exception from the rule and they will not last long in the land business...

...some due diligence is recommended when purchasing land from a private estate owner... I would suggest to consider their seniority and presence in the business...

Chic Aeon wrote:

VERY IMPORTANT, while tier rate used to change based on the largest amount of land you owned in a month, that hasn't been true for maybe a couple of years. You need to MANUALLY change your TIER USE FEE amount in the land manager of your account. If you sell your land and do not downgrade there, you will be charged the same fee the next month. I know as this happened to an old timer friend of mine
:D

You're mistaken about that. You are charged in arrears for the peak tier actually used during the tier period, regardless of what the your Tier Use Fee is set to. If the Tier Use Fee is set to, say, the next level up, then, when buying land that will take you up a tier level, you will be told that it won't alter your tier level; i.e. you won't be warned that you'll be paying more tier. That's the difference when having the Tier Use Fee set higher than the peak tier level actually used, and you are only charged for the peak tier level actually used.

I agree 100% with Phil. The only thing affected by the tier level chart is the amount shown for land available to buy, it doesn`t make any difference at all to how much you are charged, even if you had it set at a full sim level all the time.

If you have a budget that you don`t want to go over, it is useful to have have it set correctly so that the available land figure is right, but only the peak usage number will affect what you are charged.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.