Menu Dialogue Scripting Help!

Czertza

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Howdy-ho, fellow scripting ameteurs/veterans alike!

I've been posed with a question from a friend, and while I can get any number of seasoned scripters to help her out and be done with it, I'd like to do it myself as I'm learning the ins and outs of script making / scripting objects.

Here's what I'm hoping to achieve, and no doubt y'all would have seen scripts like it in any number of places.

First, upon clicking an object, I'd like to activate a menu dialogue.

The menu would have two options, in this case, "Tear Down" and "Read Poster."

Clicking the "Tear Down" option would change the text of the object, as well as disable the objects ability to give out notecards.

Perhaps, after the "Tear Down" option is selected, any future clicks would instead prompt a message in local saying something like, "You try to read the torn poster, but fail..." or something to that effect.

Clicking the "Read Poster" option would deliver a Notecard to the person's inventory.

Is this at all possible?  Any help with these scripts would be fantastic.  Links to resources are greatly appreciated also!

You can do all of those things.  It's just a matter of how you conceive the logical flow of events and triggers in your script.  The actual scripting is not the hard part.  Knowing what you want to do is.  Draw yourself a flow diagram or a map to help you work out the structure of your script.

The functions you need, among others, are llDialog and llGiveInventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.