questions regarding render and frames

Abraxes Binder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all- I have 2 questions that someone perhaps can help me with :)

1) i wonder if it is posible to change the render so ONLY the avatar is visible -eg no background or sky only avi on black empty background?

2) Is it posible to step through the frames. Eg have complete controls over whitch frames in and animation that is shown on screen, and to change frame by keypress or mouse action?

Tyia

You can turn off lots of things in some of the menus in Advanced. Off the top of my head it is some kind of menu that says "render" something or other. Render Types? This might allow you to turn off enough. A big black sphere and a transparent floor prim might help you out, megaprims might work best here. Animations frame by frame? hhm, that is harder to do.

OR, use a black sphere. A mega prim would work. Just rez one and then maybe make it a pose ball. You get a walk cycle pose broken down into frames. Upload them all, then load them in and sit on the pose thingy you hace scripted. Then, you press the keys and do some other stuff. When you turn, you need to make the sphere swivel. This is tricky, but will help preserve the lighting changes that happen as your av would turn around. Uh, so the avatar is not really walking but sort of standing still and looking like it is walking.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.