now

Lois Allen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had that happen to me a few years ago. Apparently my avatar was stuck on a sim and I was able to log in only after the sim restarted. Someone else might post with some information that might help you, or they'll tell you to submit a ticket for it.

3 answers to this question

I had that happen to me a few years ago. Apparently my avatar was stuck on a sim and I was able to log in only after the sim restarted. Someone else might post with some information that might help you, or they'll tell you to submit a ticket for it.

If Second Life just crashed or you were disconnected, it's possible you're attempting to log in from a bad location.

Try changing your login location and log in again.

If you're running a firewall or firewall/internet security software, it may have a security warning in the background that's interrupting Second Life's login process. You may have to reconfigure or disable this third-party software to use Second Life. See >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Configuring_your_firewall and embedded links for more information.

If you're using wireless networking, you may want to try a wired connection.

There's a couple of recent threads about illegal characters in group titles causing avatars to not be able to log in.  Suggestions for that are to disable group and name tags prior to logging in to see if that helps.  Or if you know which group tag your avatar had on last and suspect that the title has funky characters in it, log on one of your alts, contact the group owner and have your avatar with the problem removed from the group.

Perhaps that might help in your case.

--Cinn

Edited to ad:  Oh cool!  I'm glad that worked.  And thanks for responding back with the solution.  I think you've provided the first closure on this issue showing that all it takes is removing the name and group tags to get around this problem.  Better than having to get your avatar booted from the group!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.