Sign in to follow this  
AmyNevilly

Becoming a slave!!

Storylines wise...you have the downtrodding comeong to freedom story line....you have those that find it sexualy exciting to have no choice...others that are subs in BDSM and find it a safe way to do their fantasies.   It just depends

How it happens...trust....or depending on the sim .."forced"

Just depends widly on where why and how ..like you asked...

AmyNevilly wrote:

Why do people do it? :matte-motes-kiss:

For the same reason that people work as maids and butlers in this day and age. Some people enjoy following orders and submitting to others. It makes them feel needed and appreciated, and partially relieves them from taking responsibility for their own actions.

PS: The Stockholm "syndrome" is also very interesting in this context. For hundreds of thousands of years (millions of years even if you count earlier hominids), humans have lived in tribes, clans, and family groups with a single leader. Cooperation with that leader was vital for their survival, and not only in the very direct sense that the refusal to obey orders led to punishment. I don't find it the least bit surprising that this kind of power exchange still comes natural to human beings. 

Leave it to me to make the snide remark and leave it to you to give a well thought out answer.

Having spent years in the BDSM community both in RL and SL, I think a major driving force for submissives is the thought that having others make decisions for them somehow resolves them of their personal responsibility. In reality it does no such thing; except in the fact that there may be a more structured type of cause and effect. I believe it has a lot to do with the need for instant gratification.

A dominant can give you your instant gratification in the form of immediate negative consequences. It could be said that many people chose to bow to the leadership of another stronger person, but my thought is that, the ones that do, simply choose to not be a strong person in the first place, whether consciously or subconsciously.

...Dres

O_o Thats a lot money!

To the question at the start:

Why? Because some people like it, thats the simpel answer. Maybe some like different aspects, but in the end it is the same, they all like something about it.

How? Different. On RP sims it may come with the play after a time. Others search directly for masters or other way round.

Thats my point to that. I am not into much into that stuff, I am to free, individual and strange for being any part of such a relationship.

Why? Because some people like it, thats the simpel answer.

Yes, we know that.  Question is, why do they like it?  I'd be hard pressed to find anything to "like" about that scenario, but there must be some appeal in it. 

I don´t know, if anybody can clearly define what they like. Maybe is just like someone prefer red hair....more a undefined feeling for some........we need more experts here!

That is such an extremely general, unspecified question that is difficult to give a good, detailed answer to. Why does anyone do anything ever? Usually either because they want to, or because they have to. In roleplay it may be because, as is probably the most obvious answer, it may give them some form of sexual gratification to play a slave. I've done that. Or because it provides some other form of fun for them. I've done that too. Or it can be because the RP simply leads to that scenario, and there's no reasonable way to avoid it happening. And I've done that too.

As it is the roleplay forum, I'm going to assume the OP is talking about RP slavery, and not OOC D/s relationships between non-RPing SL residents or people in RL.

So when it's done willingly, why do people enjoy it? I don't know, why do some people become doctors, why are some people turned on by shoes? You'll probably get a different answer from each person doing it, and I'm sure long essays could be written on theories about the subject. I could probably list 101 different things why I enjoy that sort of RP myself, but in the end it usually comes down to 1: It leads to a type of IC conflict I enjoy in a story. And 2: Most forms of forced sex or violence, in RP, turns me on like whoa. Either way, it's fun, and that's why I keep doing it.

As to how it happens... I stay around in roleplay sims where slavery RP is allowed, play the right sort of character and try to get to know people, either IC or OOC, often both, who are or could be interested in playing an owner. Then we just play, and see where things go. Obviously this is not the only type of RP I do, it's not even the biggest part of it. But it is one I tend to have a lot of fun with.

We become dependents because we do not have the power nor authority nor the knowledge to do all that we want.

We are slaves to technology, slaves of the government, slaves to currency, etc.

It is by personal choice that we are enslaved, and it is by personal choice we remain shackled.

We can free ourselves of technology and go Amish but are we going to do that?

We can free ourselves of currency, but who will accept bartering in the 21st century?

We can free ourselves of the government, live in the mountains until we are 70 years old and be tax-free, but are we going to do that? No Medicare....awwww too bad

Now of course if we are talking about Gorean slaves (question was no specific), then I am at a loss other than it is by personal choice again.

In my case, there was no choice honestly. I am very submissive by nature to men. That doesn't make me weak, nor does it take away from  my own sense of self-worth. I am no meek kajira  cowering in a corner, running, trying to break my neck to be pleasing. It just comes naturally. I would think a more bewildering question would be: Why be a free woman? That is just my opinion of course. We all have the inherent right to be who we are, regardless of the view of others. I am a slave.

Why is it bewildering to you? Looks like most people aren´t slaves and well, most of them seem to be happy with that (ok, maybe not in SL, here seems to be sub/dom stuff nearly everywhere). I like to be free, cause I am not less worth than anybody else. I have my own ideas, my own feelings and my own needs. I want to be treaten with respect and thats why I am not a slave.

And last but not least: I will fight anyone who hurts me in any kind.

Why do people decide to do anything?? Because that is what makes them feel good. Being a submissive/slave does not equal being a doormat in my book. It simply means you know what you want and are happy submitting to someone you trust to take care of you. there are plenty of people out in the world both sl and rl that decide that they want to use and abuse someone and become a Master/Mistrees or even a sub/slave to be used and abused. Is it right?? no but it is their choice. Hopefully they will find someone that makes them realize that being a slave isn't being a punching bag or a doormat. Why did I chose to become what I have become? Simply it excites me and I enjoy being who and what I am!

Hi! I have been a gorean slave off and on. I was very lucky to find a generous and loving master.

As to why, I like strong men who take charge. In real life I have to act equal to men, to stand up for myself and so on. Sl sla ery lets me express my natural desire to submit in a safe way that doesn't put my job or social life at risk.

There is a wonderful sense of sisterhood among gorean slaves.

I am taking a break right now due to job demands, but I would be happy to help anyone who wants to try it.

Welcome to the forum, Pat. Thanks for sharing.

It's wonderful how SL provides us with the opportunity to, not only, fulfill needs that might be too complicated or difficult to achieve in RL, whether socially, physically or logistically, but it also provides us with the opportunity to meet people from all around the globe and make some great friends all at the same time. wink-kiss.gif

...Dres

Hi there,

I appologise for necroing this thread, but I find myself uncertain and with questions, and I don't know where to look for answers.  This seemed like the most appropriate thread I could find...  I hesitate to start a fresh one.  I'm still very new to SL, so if I'm showing my ignorance, it's because I don't know the ropes yet.

Here is my question:

I have a very confident personality and I'm strong-minded, well-spoken, with what I've been told is an intense amount of personal charisma and presence...  I enjoy debate and discussion and I am exceptionally adept at convincing others to my way of thought or assisting me with what I want.  Fortunately, the internet an non face-to-face contact mitigates this somewhat.  Regardless, I am, in my normal life and self, very headstrong and decisive.

However, in my sexuality, I find that I get excessively hot being made helpless, at the mercy and whim of others who are free to use or abuse me as they see fit, in particular where physical restraint and helplessness are involved, be it by simply being overpowered, or by actual restraint.  I'm not naive enough to think I've got no limits;  I know what my limits are, and what I am and am not comfortable with (I understand that in the SL bdsm scene you can fill out a checklist of some description to get others up to speed on your hard and soft limits?).  In particular, I am especially heated up by the uncertainty of randomness; that I be vulnerable for the use of people I do not know, wihtout knowing when someone might appear, or what they might do.

Now, I do not pursue this to the extend I'd liike to in RL; there are safety issues and many other concerns, but I do do what I safely can in that direction, at least.  I also RP a lot, and enjoy doing so in great depth... so SL seems like an environment where I may be able to pursue this desire of mine more freely  (for the record, I've picked up the most up to date RL Viewer, and an appropriate relay to go with it, OpenCollar, though I'm admittedly still working out what half of the functionality does and entails).

My concern is that I'm very new to SL, and there's much I don't know about its personal etiquette, and even more basic things, such as the general methods of RP and styles used here (since RP styles and methods vary from community to community and platform to platform; SL is a whole new platform for me, in that regard).  Another etiquette issue is that my personal choice of avatar is a somewhat anthropomorphised moogle; this is how I wish to play, and I know most will class that as furry (personally I learn towards mythic creature, rather than traditonal furry on that score, but meh, six to the half dozen on that, in most cases), and that there will, I'm certain, be things I need to know about such things, and how they're treated/received as well.

More importantly, I recognise in myself what is a very submissive streak, and a supplicant attitude, especially concerning my sexuality, but I am also aware just as much that I am most definitely not the sort of material that makes a full time subby or pet/slave...  outside of my sexual practice, I am far too assertive and self-directed, and I don't -Want- a master or owner...  But I see nothing about subs without master/mistress, except in a poor light (i.e. poor dear, you'll find someone soon, I'm sure).

So, what then IS my position, given what I want...  and how ought I to go about it?

I know I may not get a full or comprehensive answer here; I fully suspect that there are places I can go for more information on these things as they relate to SL, which I just don't know about yet...  any information would be appreciated, however, even if it is just to point me to where I should look.

Thanks again and sorry for my ignorance.

-Kumol

Hello, Kumol, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the very interesting and insightful post.  It's clear that you know what you want, who/what you want to be and how to express that thoughtfully and accurately.  As long as you continue doing that, I think you'll be fine. 

I hesitate to go into the specifics of your post, simply because, I believe you should start your own thread with it.  I'm sure you had your reasons for posting this here, but as you can see, this forum doesn't get much attention.  You'd do much better to post it in the Lifestyles and Relationships forum (link).  Not only is it a much better fit but it'll be seen by more people who would probably love to discuss this with you in depth.

I do hope you come back and do just that... I believe your presence here in the forum would be very welcomed.

...Dres

I'm not certain if you've started another thread, but since much of what you posted reminds me greatly of myself, I wanted to respond. I'm also submissive, but not in the market for a Master/Mistress or owner, and not looking for a full-time Dom/sub relationship. I also enjoy being made to feel helpless, used by those I don't know, the uncertainty, etc.

Open Collar is more oriented towards those looking for owners, because that's the point of a collar - you wear it to make others aware that you are owned, and to give your owner certain rights over you. However, you can also use the collar to have "temporary" owners, giving them some rights over you for the purposes of a scene (or several) then removing them from ownership.

There is nothing wrong with not having an owner, no matter what others may say. I've let people pressure me into setting them as an owner before, and regretted it. It's not something that meets my needs, as I prefer scene roleplay and being free to do what (and whom...) I want. Stay true to what you want, go with your own needs, and ignore anyone who insists on interfering with or belittling them.

Etiquette-wise, there are so many different people and styles in SL I'm sure I haven't seen them all yet. Do what YOU like, and try to take your cues from others. Furry-wise, I'm not one, but have no problem with furries in general. However, I do know that many dislike furries or find them more difficult to rp with, while others see no difference at all. Just take it in stride. You may be ignored by some, insulted by others, tolerated and/or welcomed by still others. Remember you have a mute button.

As far as being vulnerable for people you don't know, not knowing when they'll appear or what they'll do, I strongly reccommend you take a look at Sassy's Bad Day products. She makes skirts and jeans that have RLV capability built in and that are designed solely for this purpose. You wear the skirt or jeans, activate the tracker (you will be prompted to do this upon first wear), and those using the tracker item also sold (separately) by Sassy can find you anywhere on the grid (except where you set as home, if you don't want to be tracked there). You will have no warning. Once they track you and touch your skirt (or tranquilizer dart you), you're "captured." Your captor can sit you on poseballs, teleport you wherever he/she wants, and do essentially whatever they want (within your limits - there is a blacklist, so if you have a bad experience, you can prevent that user from capturing you in the future). I am NOT a paid spokesperson for Sassy's, or in any way associated except as a fan/user; I just think they may meet your needs.

Really, in many ways we do seem to have similar interests and desires, so if you want to talk to a fellow sub and get some tips, explore a little, or just chat, feel free to IM me inworld - Ariel Vuissent.