New to selling on sl marketplace. Should all items be set at 'to buy' what I put into the magic box

Helena Ellsmere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

no reason to set it to "buy", seeing as the shopper already bought it through the marketplace. it won't hurt any, but there is no call for it.

all they want when receiving their purchase (if they ever do :P) is to open the box and get the stuff into their inventory. set it to open, that would be my bet.

some merchants use a fancy unpacking script that copies the content to the shopper's inventory when touched, and some boxes are even set to delete themselves after unpacking.

but when first starting up, best keep it simple. so set it to open.

add info/comments to your post by using options > edit.

eta: here's a couple of links that might be useful

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700193#Section_.5.2

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-objects/ta-p/700143#How_to_open_and_sell_boxes

the video in the last one does not show how to do it in v2. hmm, do you have a v2 vid tut about this, torley...? :matte-motes-smile:

Just as an aside to this question. Setting object To Buy when touched  can be very problematic for the end user. If the object is not mod (or they don't know how to change things) they end up with that ugly green dollar sign appearing whenever they point (either on purpose or just day to day moving around) at the object. I have thrown away tons of things -- like TREES for instance -- with this problem Who wants dollar sign showing up? And when clicked on the message is something like "this doesn't appear to be for sale" because it is most often a no transfer item.

So, a big suggestion that you didn't ask for *wink* is that you get a friend or make an alt and TEST how things work out for the end user. It will make you friends in the end.  If you sell the CONTENTS of a vendor (the poster with the picture you have in your shop for instance) instead of a COPY this is less often a problem. But generally staying away from that BUY option is a pretty good practice. Just my opinion as a shopper and a seller :D

"Setting object To Buy when touched can be very problematic for the end user" - not sure if you were referring to my post or not, but if you were i was answering the op's question regarding the gift boxes - i took that as the box the mp item will be delivered in.

if an item is not boxed and set to buy when touched -and- no mod; i totally agree with you on that one. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.