Not update payment data

Juniper Tennen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

I sympathise with you. Quite a number of people, including myself, have been caught up with the consequences of this bugged local payment system for non-US residents and unable to update credit card information despite being asked to do so by Linden Lab leaving us with credit card info failing even though the cards are fine. If you leave info there, it's stuck in update pending.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/S​olutions-to-Quickly-Resolve-Your-Billing-Issues/b...

Unfortunately, our problems were not resolved by this action. As I don't have access to a freefone Billing number, I phoned the international US Billing number and the staff there were very polite and helpful but unable to solve the problem. I then started emailing and I suggest you just email support@payments.secondlife.com and state your case. Response is quick. You may be lucky and get it sorted but if not, it will go to another department or open a support ticket yourself. Alternatively, non-US residents can now once again add Paypal as a payment method, and that may work for you, I didn't want a Paypal account so did not go down that road. I'd prefer my credit card to work properly. 

After asking what would happen when my Premium fee fell due (yesterday) and failed beacause of the problems affecting the collection system, I did receive a note saying "Some are concerned that their accounts will go delinquent and that they will lose their membership and/or their property. Rest assured that everyone who was not able to provide payments, due to this system issue, are having their accounts manually restored as we work to fix the larger issue. Those accounts are still in good standing and these customers will not lose their status or land as a consequence."

I was not too happy with the "manually restored" part of that statement so to avoid my Premium membership going into deliquency and having to be manually restored, I sold Lindens and the fee was taken today in USD from my account as USD (if available) is taken before LL attempt to debit a credit card.

Support is currently working hard on resolving this for me and is in constant communication so I'm hoping for a resolution soon. In the meantime, my alt can buy Lindens with the exact same card as she wasn't required to update info and the local payment system is working fine for her.

• Like 1

my current credit card will expire end of the month

i got a new one and today i wanted to update it in sl as well.

there is no way to update it and i tried to replace it but it wont work.

calling support didnt help: you are calling outside the times of the support

seriously i dont need this crap. i temporarily changed my billing information to paypal, although for a looong time i never ever bought any lindens cause i make enough to cover all. i changed it so i dont get in trouble with my premium account.

now i realize, i pay a premium for no service!

ah well come on, do you think i will pay this in future?

ok its sunday but so what?

linden lab ... what are you doing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.