Can I choose not to move when choosing edit?

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I right click on an object and choose edit, I automatically turn to face it. Can I prevent this?

to Rolig: lol, no. Sometimes I have spent quite a while getting a pose just right and then I have to edit something in the shot and I suddenly turn to face that object. Not so much fun :(

to Valerie: Hi! I would think the dislocation of my left arm ligaments and the glowing dots would be enough to keep my attention! lol

13 answers to this question

Hehehe ... That could be a handy feature. I hide the particle beam when I'm editing because I find it annoying and it attracts attention. It would attract even less attention if I could edit behind my back. If you ever figure out how to do it, let me know.  :D

lol i like the particle beam because it attracts attention, no not really, that would be silly. seriously, i don't enjoy having placed myself in just the right spot for a photo and then i go to adjust a prop and suddenly i am all turned around! (insert growly face here)

Hi Charolotte! I am afraid you cannot prevent your avatar from facing the object you edit. Even then wearing an AO, the editing action suspends it while you are working on the item. Not very nice indeed, but maybe this is intented to keep you concentrated on the editing process? :smileytongue::smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.