Middle Age Crowd

Netera Landar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've just spent the last four months rewriting my book in rl and during sl time. The rest of my free time has been working on sl for a magazine and preparing for my chat. I'd like to find other second life users that love to go to concerts or shopping. To find a few people that aren't afraid to make new friends. I'm middle age and would like to find  friends my age and with similar interests. No drama, just people who hate dancing alone and can have an intelligent conversation. IM me. I often help newbies with landmarks. Don't be a stranger.---Nettie.

Hi Cinn-

I'd say 40s and up. Though most of my SL friends are in their 20s-late 30s, it would be nice to socialize with people who grew up wearing bell bottoms and jean jackets. I know there are a lot of us here because you can tell when you go to venues like Big Daddies, and they say "I remember that song!" When I'm not writing, I go to concerts to find guests for my chats, so I am out there.

--Nettie

Hi Willow,

I've been to Frank's. Though a wonderful venue it seems more couple oriented. I feel a bit funny dancing by myself. I do love Big Daddies. Maybe what I need to do is start a group of sim jumpers and concert goers for people my age, who are sl single as well.

--Nettie

Hi Netera...

I have a theory and it is based on my observation and may not always be true. I find that it is not being at the right place but rather being at the right hours. If you are an American, you'd probably will find more American men in their 40s after around 9pm SLT. Why? Most of them are usually either married in RL or single with young kids. They'd rather come in during the time when the family is asleep and will not be bothered with frequent check-ins from the wifey or from the kids asking for something. So at this time, it would be your best bet to search for them at American themed clubs or sims.

For anyone from the Europe, you'll find them around 5pm SLT and more. This will be around the time when these middle age blokes getting ready to tuck in their kids or kissing their wives good night but normally, they will only last about 3 to 4 hours before they need to rest themselves. Any Jazz clubs, Ballrooms, Pubs will be filled up with these men during those times and you would have at least one dance partner.

In between you get the Middle Easterns, Africans, Asians, Australians and New Zealanders... but from my observation, most of them were under 40s and even younger than that. You don't really get to see many of them anyway.

As for the ladies, I don't think you would have problem finding them any time of the day.

If I had children they would be middle aged--but I am childless.  That is a story in itself and I would enjoy sharing it with you. You don't seek drama, but I am a drama whore.  If we can dance and have intelligent conversation all focused around 'me' then I am the friend for you.   I have been through a lot in my life and I have needs to discuss and find perspective.  My relationships are always in shambles, but I am a good friend.  I am good at everything, especially dancing.  If you don't mind the underpinning of our friendship centering around me, me, me..then please IM in-world. 

PS I am splitting with my current lady friend later this afternoon, you may want to hear about our story. It wasn't a healthy relationship, but I'll save the details for later.  

Looking forward to a dance.

Your new friend Storm.

Storm,

Drama is like paying taxes. I don't have to explain that. First, I think you need to sit on a meditational pillow and focus on your real life and second life. When you drum up your issues it's only firing up the emotion that rides along with it. Set it free, Storm and you'll be free. I suggest you don't go into a new relationship right away. You need to find you and have some personal growth. Focus on the positive.

Nettie

There is one special sim where creativity and friendship are a natural element, that's Inspire Space Park. I've been to a lot of sims since I signed on, Inspire continues to be my favorite. When I'm not writing for SL blogs and magazines, that's where I am. Hope to see you all there.

Nettie

Hi Hotrod,

I wish I had known about your club. If you ever decide to start up another let me know. I know someone who manages SL properties and maybe he knows a good parcel that doesn't cost a ton of money. In the meantime, why don't we continue this thread by mentioning more great places we love to hang out. Feel free to IM me about them. Hope to meet you all in world. I've had one invite and it was very nice.

Nettie

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.