My avatar is not loading

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This happened to me once when I trying the new avatar physics.  The avatar physics detached my shape somehow.  See if you can log back in, check your folder with your skin and your shape, and make sure your shape is attached.  Another way to easily check this is to type in your inventory's search box the word worn.  Once you type in the word worn, you should be able to see all the things that you are wearing.  If your shape says IT IS worn, you have a different problem. 

Try that first tho if you can.  And it's also good to always check this (that your shape is showing worn) if you encounter this again because sometimes a shape can get detached; it happend to me.  This may not be your problem right now, but something to remember to check in the future when this happens. 

Worn said worn by a list of clothing on each one.   I   As for as the second check you told me to do, either I am not looking in the right place or it is not there.

OTHER PEOPLE must be able to see me as a couple spoke to me.  Weird.

Now what?

Should I uninstall and reinstall SL?   It has been an hour or more and still I am a white oval.  lol

No, that's not true.  There are many people who speak to white ovals or grey bots.  However, if I'm not stuck in IM hell, I usually IM the person that they are an oval or that they need to rebake their textures if they are grey.  However, most people do not do this.  They simply do not take the time to let u know how u look.  The only way to be certain someone can see your avatar is for you to ask "what am I wearing"?  Because most of the time people are not going to tell you. 

Try searching your inventory's search box again and type in shape.  See what shapes come up for you and chose "wear" for another shape. 

Also, did you see your shape as a worn item? 

I'd go inworld if I could right now to help you, but it's my time to log off.  Hang in there tho, because these ovals come and go and are usually very easy to fix once the problem is discovered.  Someone may come online and be able to help you at this time if they have the time to go inworld with you.  I don't; I have to log off now. 

I did not see shape anyplace at all.  After I typed in shape I got a very very long list of things that I never put in there.

I have tried the other things mentioned too but when I get to advance and do what you tell me I get no white space to type that in.

I dont know what to do.   COULD SOMEONE go in and fix it for me if somehow I could give my user and password privately to one of you?

BY THE WAY:  I have tried it with SL viewer as well as Phoenix and neither work, still white oval.

hi

do not give out you username and password, your account will be suspended if they detect usage outside of your area at the same time.

Do fix your problem, the best way is to do a character test. Phoenix is: Advance -> Character -> Character Test -> Test Female

That will put you back to a newby startign avatar. Then you can rebuild you avi from y our inventory.

Hi all, 

I am having the same problem with my avitar not rezzing. She has a generic shape and the hair and not showing any clothes.

I have ceared my cache and also preformed a female character test., and there was not change.

I have also tried to change clothes and use a different skin...

HELP.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.