New here... I has questions!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, first of all, I am completely confused on "processing credit". What exactly is its function and towards what sorts of account features does the credit apply to?

I mainly ask because I'd like to know if this feature could be used to grant my account an extra credit reserve to reach into should I want more L$ and have already reached my daily cap with manual USD purchases. If I was to pay the dollar fee and try to process, let's say, a $40 credit, could I then use the in-game browder to spend $40 on L$?

Second question: Dropping items in your premium account home. Is this... safe? I have no idea what players can and can't do with my things once they're place on the ground, and I've noticed some items, even poseballs, fully leave my inventory once I place them, forcing me to return them in order to have them stored in my inventory again. Is furnishing a home relatively safe, or do I need to do something to the items like toggle a setting somewhere to make it safe if it isn't?

Third question: I'm noticing avatars and objects that aren't expressly within the boundaries of the average human model seems to... detach at various parts of their bodies when they move, and then each detached body part moves on its own, I guess to simulate the entire body trying to move. My question is... viewer problem on my end or animationproblem on the creator's end?

About Process Credit, I had no idea what that was so looked in the Database and found this thread.  Let me know if it is helpful to you or not.  If not, you can search the database on Process Credit to see if you can find the info you need.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/SellIng-L-s-and-banking/m-p/931709/highlight/true#M9260

As far as your other two questions, I don't have the answers and I don't understand because I don't have a LL premium account.  And I also don't understand because yes once you rezz an item into your home, it leaves your inventory and is not supposed to be in your inventory anymore.

I'm not sure what you mean by "toggle" either? 

That could be it. Typically I just double left click items unless it's a whole outfit I've configuring into a folder.

My main concern is if it's just safe to leave out. For example, if I put a big and expensive bed in my home... can I be confident it'll be there each time I log in? (Assuming I don't get hacked)

No one should be able to do anything to your furniture because it should say owned by you (your username).  I don't think there is anything anyone can do to an item that is NOT owned by them.  To double check if it says owned by you, right click on the furniture item and chose edit.  This will pull up a window for you to not only read about the item but also how to move it, including stretch (if the item is stretchable), rotate, etc.   There are some items such as a curtain I bought that I could set to me only or set to anyone to change, such as remain dark blockout sheer or light sheer to let some light in.  I'd assume there are very few items that have this feature for anyone to change.  I only came across that one time for a curtain and didn't like the curtain anyways because I was trying to layer a curtain effect and it never worked right.  The sheer I wanted to stay in the back and the scallop pretty curtain I wanted to stay in the front, but it never worked.  Anyhow, I've never come across a furniture item that anyone could change, except that freaky dark to sheer curtain.  However, the sheer curtain was so inexpensive, it was no great loss; it cost perhaps twenty cents.

ETA:  That freaky sheer curtain that would never layer right had an option to click "set to user" or "set to anyone", and that's the only time I remember seeing that feature.  I chose set to user (which would be me).

Hopefully I can clear up a couple of things for you.

You cannot spend what you don't have in your Linden Dollar balance (this shows up as an amount on the top right hand of your screen).  The easiest way to add funds is to register a payment card (please take a look at the website for your own account details).  You have to manually top up your Linden Dollar balance, using your registered card. There is no credit facility as such.

Your inventory will contain a mixture of items. It is relatively rare that things go missing when they are rezzed - at least, in my experience, I've only lost maybe 3 items in 3 years.  Unless you specifically give another avatar/person permission to have control over your objects, no one can touch/remove/modify your objects at all.

Regarding your third question, it is a bit of both. Since we started having more places to attach things on the Viewer 2, as opposed to the previous Viewer 1.23 sometimes things can appear to be out of place to one person, but they look fine to another, although sometimes parts of the body, or items of clothing have to be modified a little bit to fit.

There are some video tutorials that you might find useful over on youtube. Torley Linden keeps us up to date with "how to..." http://www.youtube.com/user/Secondlife#p/u

But please keep asking questions here any time you have them.

Okay, I do have one more question... today is my "Day #2" as a premium subscriber. Does that mean at some point today my daily USD spending allowance toward L$ is going to be brought back up to $30? Or is there some off market value math going on here?

/me LOLs @ Mayalily's proposal...

then realises three's a crowd and I gracefully retreat to my RL bed to dream about how great I will look as a bridesmaid at your wedding. :matte-motes-grin:

But seriously - you spend 30USD a day in here??? When there are so many RL shoes to buy???????

(And I think the daily limit is increased to 100USD for days 2-7.)

LOL well. FOrtunately I caught on very quickly to the basics, like how to surf the market. I found a lot of things I want for ERP and actual normal RP... found a HUD that actually seems to turn SL into an actual RPG game, complete with levels and stats.

Anyway... Yes, to be honest, I probably imagine I may be spending upwards of about $80 to get absolutely everything I want (Horse mount, armor, weapons, HUDss, animations, etc).

Speaking of animations, I'm seeing people having unique... stance animations, and even walking animations. These aren't called poseballs, right? What keywords would I search for to find this stuff?

$80 dollars, well that's not $30.00 a day. 

And here I was ready to look for a bridal veil. 

(lol)

btw,  You're looking for something called an AO, I believe.  AO, animation over-rider.  But try some of the more inexpensive ones and give them a try because I prefer not to use an AO at this time as it causes too much lag on me.  I just stand like a dork. 

When you first buy L$ on Lindex it starts your trading limit. After that your limit will go up with time and activity. It is not related to whether or not you are premium or basic.

You can see on this page https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php? what your buy & sell limits are for the first 30 days after your first transaction., by the end of that time your limit should be high enough for all your needs.

Process credit is what you use to send US$ out of SL to your paypal account, after you have sold  L$ and have a US$ credit on your account.

If you want to add a US$ credit to your account you do that from https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/manage_balance.php

If you want to add a L$ credit to your accoun you do that from https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/buy.php

Well under Your Remaining Lindex™ Trading Limits it says $2 for both 24 hours and 30 days, then it says about $200 for 24 hours and 30 days under Your Remaining Account Billing Limits. Guess I'm still waiting for today's paydirt. Lol

Got ahold of one, and her group is saying there was a massive market bug yesterday that had people not receiving items, and some items not even being recorded into their accounts' transaction histories.

Thousands of L$ on a 6 hour long shopping spree gone without even so much as records for me to contact sellers.

/breaks PC desk in half by facedesking it

Anyone know what to do about this? :(

Kelethus wrote:

Got ahold of one, and her group is saying there was a massive market bug yesterday that had people not receiving items, and some items not even being recorded into their accounts' transaction histories.

Thousands of L$ on a 6 hour long shopping spree gone without even so much as records for me to contact sellers.

/breaks PC desk in half by facedesking it

Anyone know what to do about this?
:(

If money went out of your SL account, there would have to be an entry on your transaction history, it wouldn`t just suddenly show a new balance with a blank space next to it.

If there is an entry on your transaction history to Marketplace Linden, but it does not match up with your Order History in the marketplace, then submit a ticket in the marketplace section on https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

It is the transaction details on your Order History that is your proof of pruchase that you can show to the seller, you may not have heard back from some yet because it is the weekend and not everyone logs in everyday. It is better to send a Notecard rather than an IM, as they may get their IMs capped if they have not logged in for a couple of days.

Thought of that actually. Sadly the banks don't keep track of Linden buck transations. They can only provide me evidence I paid USD to buy L$, which I certainly did. But the L$ was lost due to Market transations in the game =/

How is this sort of thing handled? Are players reimbured or is there some way to retrive L$ transactions that weren't recorded despite the L$ being spent?

So, you bought items inworld, but didn't get a pop up window that said I paid so and so this amount, and then you click ok, and then the item wasn't delivered? 

How exactly did the transactions of the items you bought work because once you hit buy for the item, a window appears in the lower left of your computer screen where u hit OK, and then the item is delivered.  Did you hit OK? 

Kele, if you hit OK and lindens are gone, your items are in your inventory then most likely.  Items are named funny names and can be hard to find.  The best thing to do when shopping is to hit your recent tap at the top of your inventory and instantly rename the item into something easy you can find, such as Shoes: Black Clogs, or Jeans:  Black, for some examples.  You right click on the folder in your recent items, and then chose rename. 

It is important that you do an inventory search to try to find your items asap.  If you can't find them, you have to go back to the stores and find the names that your items are called so u can do an inventory check, and I'd say do it pronto, and get back to us asap.  Ok?

Well, how I did the majority of it is I'd approach whatever item it was I was trying to buy, and if it didn't have a L$ icon on the mouse pointer or a touch menu, I'd right click and look for a Buy option, and use that.

Strangely I've seen numerous variations of the method pop up, sometime it will mention "Quick pay", other time it'll have a more in depth buying process. I do know though that I was prompted through a process of spending money on... well, something. Lol. And whatever it was didn't seem to find its way into my inventory or my transactions summary.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.