In the SL viewer, can the Object Hover Tips be turned off?

Dana Enyo

Question

Posted (edited)

In Firestorm, it's in Prefs>User Interface>3D World>Hover Tips>Show Hover Tips>on All Objects.  I don't mind going into DEBUG to do this in the SL Viewer if that's the only way, but need to know where to look.

(Minutes later: I found ShowAllObjectHoverTip in the Debug settings, but it was already set to FALSE. Switching to TRUE and back (even with a relog in between) didn't change anything.)

Edited by Dana Enyo
Additional info
  • Thanks 1

4 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Dana Enyo said:

(Minutes later: I found ShowAllObjectHoverTip in the Debug settings, but it was already set to FALSE. Switching to TRUE and back (even with a relog in between) didn't change anything.)

in Linden viewer is debug setting: ShowHoverTips. Is True by default. Set to False to turn off

5 hours ago, elleevelyn said:

in Linden viewer is debug setting: ShowHoverTips. Is True by default. Set to False to turn off

That's what I thought too.  Except it didn't work.

AH, correcting myself: I changed ShowAllObjectHoverTip  and THAT didn't work.  I'll try the ShowHoverTips (although that may be turning off more than I'd like).  I'll report back.

1 minute ago, Dana Enyo said:

AH, correcting myself: I changed ShowAllObjectHoverTip  and THAT didn't work.  I'll try the ShowHoverTips (although that may be turning off more than I'd like).  I'll report back.

THAT WORKS.  It turns them ALL off but I'll take that tradeoff. Thank you!

• Like 1