'Must have payment Info on File' for land access doesn't work?

MatthewRiver

Question

A friend organized an event and he wanted to avoid alts coming over so he set the 'Must have payment Info on File' in the Land>Access tab.

To be clear the 'allow group XYZ with no resrictions' was disabled too.

Alts with no payment info on file ... still made it to the sim. Any idea how and why?

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

15 hours ago, MatthewRiver said:

A friend organized an event and he wanted to avoid alts coming over so he set the 'Must have payment Info on File' in the Land>Access tab.

To be clear the 'allow group XYZ with no resrictions' was disabled too.

Alts with no payment info on file ... still made it to the sim. Any idea how and why?

First of all, it's a total mistake to think alts have no payment info on file .. for example, all my 30 other appearances have it .. 
You'll also miss other people who want to visit but don't have the right credentials in your opinion.

Your post isn't totally clear it's the region wide setting or only a parcel setting, you speak about land access tab and region, but are it the same? (there are 2 for regionowners)

• Like 3

You could try using NPIOF specific security orbs that are available on the Marketplace, they should keep the filthy NPIOFs out fairly easily.

But also:

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

First of all, it's a total mistake to think alts have no payment info on file

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

First of all, it's a total mistake to think alts have no payment info on file .. for example, all my 30 other appearances have it .. 

Of course! The topic is obviously more complex, and it was just one of the options. Tackling alts is never so simple.

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Your post isn't totally clear it's the region wide setting or only a parcel setting, you speak about land access tab and region, but are it the same? (there are 2 for regionowners)

It was only applied to a part of the entire sim. Just the parcel had the restriction (parcel which he wanted the restrictions applied to). Still, parcel-restricted limitations should work nonteheless.

7 hours ago, discussionbot said:

You could try using NPIOF specific security orbs that are available on the Marketplace, they should keep the filthy NPIOFs out fairly easily.

Thank you for your suggestion! I will pass it to my friend and see if it helps! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MatthewRiver said:

Tackling alts is never so simple.

it is total nonsense to use it as anti alt  ..  effectivity 0%
effectivity in blocking genuine no piof accounts 100%

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it is total nonsense to use it as anti alt  ..  effectivity 0%
effectivity in blocking genuine no piof accounts 100%

In fact, it prevented some known and regularly attending alts from appearing at the auction, but I appreciate your opinion. I shared a similar opinion to my friend.

Anyway, I am here out of sheer curiosity and need of knowledge. My original question remains, and it's of a technical nature. How some of them were able to get around land restrictions? Ideas anyone?

Edited by MatthewRiver