Sing the Praises of Micro Parcels

Micro parcels aren't necessarily evil. I bought this 12x12 144sqm to flip, but decided to keep it and use it for myself. You get 49 prims, just enough to create something fun.

Pond with cattails, couple of weeping willows, a cuddle picnic blanket and a radio for tunes.

The dragon flies are cool too. 😁

The prim around the outside is to show parcel boundary. I picked it up after I took the picture

144sqm.png

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Micro parcels aren't necessarily evil. I bought this 12x12 144sqm to flip, but decided to keep it and use it for myself. You get 49 prims, just enough to create something fun.

Pond with cattails, couple of weeping willows, a cuddle picnic blanket and a radio for tunes.

The dragon flies are cool too. 😁

The prim around the outside is to show parcel boundary. I picked it up after I took the picture

144sqm.png

Yeah, come on folks, lets all beautify the mainland!  Don't delay, adopt a micro-parcel today! 🥳

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Yeah, come on folks, lets all beautify the mainland!  Don't delay, adopt a micro-parcel today! 🥳

im paying at the 8192 level. Sure, i could put it all  into one parcel, but I’ve bought amost a dozen parcels I use for various reasons, all decorated, all places to hang out, and I  still have about 500 sqm left

My main is a little over 4000 sqm, all the rest are varying sizes.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Micro parcels aren't necessarily evil.

I agree with you on that. I have a microparcel for personal use that I really love. It's a tiny 112m2, with only 38 prims. Close to an Infohub, which I personally find pretty cool, except for when there are region restarts and my region gets packed. Just a small roadside container home there, nothing fancy. But I like it.

Snapshot_004.thumb.png.ccb6bf6838fd9e1940bdcdf18e726068.png

P.S. before I get accused of being evil for owning a microparcel: I have no neighbors. The parcel is almost completely surrounded by LL-owned protected land.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Micro parcels aren't necessarily evil.

I agree, they are unnecessarily evil, and also exist for no necessary reason.

They are unnecessary and should not be allowed in Second Life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was bored so I played around in the sandbox creating a little 12x12 setting

Snapshot_141.thumb.jpg.ea88edea436348e576f51c719f3d1ada.jpg

A lot of stuff can be packed in here, this yard is huge!

Snapshot_137.thumb.jpg.ac2a532861c02c632c75c5d505ff33c5.jpg

I've used 68li.. I'm not sure what I am going to do with all of this empty space... 😵

Snapshot_139.thumb.jpg.e057f88031c261cf4a2f86f663962792.jpg

It helps to have a tiny avatar 😋🪿

I think I'll try to put in a lake next, how much Li can I use in a 12x12?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I was bored so I played around in the sandbox creating a little 12x12 setting

Snapshot_141.thumb.jpg.ea88edea436348e576f51c719f3d1ada.jpg

A lot of stuff can be packed in here, this yard is huge!

Snapshot_137.thumb.jpg.ac2a532861c02c632c75c5d505ff33c5.jpg

I've used 68li.. I'm not sure what I am going to do with all of this empty space... 😵

Snapshot_139.thumb.jpg.e057f88031c261cf4a2f86f663962792.jpg

It helps to have a tiny avatar 😋🪿

I think I'll try to put in a lake next, how much Li can I use in a 12x12?

That place looks pretty, cool idea.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In BJ's OP, she says 49 prims.

Bah,  I missed that entirely 😳

I'll have to find or build a smaller home if I want this to work then, the house in there takes up 60 Li.

Edit: 
Yay, the house was set to prim in it's physics, I changed it now it is down to 37.

yay.thumb.png.ad23c2a2a0c72df0a3fc20fb3dd7829b.png

Three prims to work with!  Woot!

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I'll have to find or build a smaller home if I want this to work then, the house in there takes up 60 Li.

Did you shrink the house down to that size, or was it already that size when you bought it? Because if you made it smaller, that might have reduced its land impact, if it was originally 60 LI.

Edit: 3 prims might be enough for a small lake. Maybe terraform to make a small hole and add an animated water prim?

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Clem Marques said:

Did you shrink the house down to that size, or was it already that size when you bought it? Because if you made it smaller, that might have reduced its land impact, if it was originally 60 LI.

It was built this way, it has a little rezzer in it that rezzes furniture as well.  I looked for a link to the original product, but could not find it.  It is called "MicroWorlds - Edition Old Home (with accessories)"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

It was built this way, it has a little rezzer in it that rezzes furniture as well.  I looked for a link to the original product, but could not find it.  It is called "MicroWorlds - Edition Old Home (with accessories)"

I am proud of you for investigating use of "micro-parcels" besides just "flipping" and "ads"!

I suppose credit is due to BJ, also * grudgingly *

• Like 2