Is there a way to reverse Kowloon in-world IMs?

5 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Perhaps this belongs in the Viewer Forum, I dunno...

I know individuals can be blocked in SL, but is there a way to block ALL IMs?

Thx!

You can change your status to "Away"?

7 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Perhaps this belongs in the Viewer Forum, I dunno...

I know individuals can be blocked in SL, but is there a way to block ALL IMs?

Thx!

Enable the option so only friends can IM you, and don't add any people.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You can change your status to "Away"?

Good grief. I don't think anything has given me more headaches over the years than SL.

I can easily set Away in the viewer I am currently using, but if I move my mouse the Away status is lost. Cannot find a setting in Preferences or anywhere to set a certain status in a persistent manner.

I cannot find ANYTHING in Firestorm that allows me to set Away. I know I am likely missing it but I have looked in every drop-down menu, every tab of Preferences, and tried right-clicking on my avi and going threw those menus.

In the end it doesn't matter, just wanted to be able to do reverse isolation in the rare times I am in-world.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Enable the option so only friends can IM you, and don't add any people.

I *thought* I had seen that option before, but could not find it. On further looking, I am convinced I cannot do that in what is currently my primary viewer. However, I did finally find it in Firestorm, under the Privacy tab (duh 🙄).

I guess once again Firestorm wins on features such as customization.

Also, of course pretty much every viewer has things in a different place. Frustrating to change viewers when I have been using one for a long time, and esp trying out multiple new viewers. My brain does not have enough cells for that.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Good grief. I don't think anything has given me more headaches over the years than SL.

I can easily set Away in the viewer I am currently using, but if I move my mouse the Away status is lost. Cannot find a setting in Preferences or anywhere to set a certain status in a persistent manner.

I cannot find ANYTHING in Firestorm that allows me to set Away. I know I am likely missing it but I have looked in every drop-down menu, every tab of Preferences, and tried right-clicking on my avi and going threw those menus.

In the end it doesn't matter, just wanted to be able to do reverse isolation in the rare times I am in-world.

Thanks for your help!

In Firestorm, it's in the top menu under Communication and is called Unavailable.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

In Firestorm, it's in the top menu under Communication and is called Unavailable.  

Thx! I will remember that if I log in SL again. For Firestorm I can use the Only Allow IMs from Friends thing, though, so don't even have to bother resetting Unavailable when I log in if I use that viewer. Sucks that I cannot do that in the viewer I would plan to use, but that's a worry for another time, and I only consider things a day or two out. May as well be forever lol

Thx!! You always have great answers!