Looking for collaborators: AI agents in SL

Hello,

I have a personal project to create AI agents for role-play purposes in my sims.  This is an open invitation for anyone who is interested in this to contact me; I'd love to collaborate on this.  The code is a mix of original LSL (in-world scripts), web programming (configuration UI), server-side Python (for logic running outside of SL), and shell scripting (for configuring and managing the client, Corrade, to log in).  Would love to open source it after some cleanup.  Currently, I have pretty functional agents that have different personalities and can talk to you, which anyone can interact with around http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Willowdale Springs/143/105/24 and http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Willowdale Hope Harbor/203/75/25.

Some ideas I'd like to work on are:

• Improving crowd conversation dynamics so that agents participate naturally in many-person social environments.
  • More time awareness, planning, and scheduling.
  • Long-term memory using summarization and RAG.
  • Expanding actions the agents can choose to perform to include movement, animation, giving and accepting inventory.
  • Some kind of hybrid semi-scripted activities that let an agent perform complex multi-step tasks while still retaining autonomy.

For me, this is a mix of experimentation and practical RP use.  The goal is absolutely not to create another scripted bot platform for stuff like group invites or the like, but to create agents that make their own decisions.  But limited so that if they go crazy it won't disrupt much... I will absolutely never give them the ability to join groups or send IMs or notices, for instance!  If that sounds interesting to you, please get in touch with me.  In-world is preferred, since I don't check forums often.

• Like 1