Why is the Android Mobile Viewer Rated Suitable for Teens?

Is LL planning on encouraging 13 year olds to sign up now?

LL is totally against residents engaging in adult activities when one of the avis looks like a 13 year old, but now with this, you will be able to engage in adult activities with real 13 yr olds running adult  avis. I guess that's way better as far as LL is concerned.

androidmobile.png

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a question mark to the topic

• BilliJo Aldrin changed the title to Why is the Android Mobile Viewer Rated Suitable for Teens?
16 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

LL is totally against residents engaging in adult activities when one of the avis looks like a 13 year old, but now with this, you will be able to engage in adult activities with real 13 yr olds running adult  avis

That's always been the case since LL stopped age verification at sign up.  When's the last time you met a 17 yr old in SL, that would admit it?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

That's always been the case since LL stopped age verification at sign up.  When's the last time you met a 17 yr old in SL, that would admit it?

Yes, but now they are encouraging 13 yr olds to sign up.

But they had no choice, if they listed it as Adult only, even more 13 yr olds would sign up. 😂

16 & 17 year olds honest about their age are allowed in SL but are restricted to PG/General regions i think they can see in to Mature/Moderate rated regions. my mainland home borders a quad of PG regions over the years i've seen the odd newbie presumably under 18 avatar unable to cross into my Moderate region. even been asked why they're hitting an invisible brick wall trying to region cross when I mentioned age it's not impossible they soon ditched that account and came back with one they pretended was at least 18.
13-15 year olds can be in SL but they have to be restricted to region(s) owned by an educational establishment or something like that, they can't break out on to main grid on that account 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

16 & 17 year olds honest about their age are allowed in SL but are restricted to PG/General regions i think they can see in to Mature/Moderate rated regions. my mainland home borders a quad of PG regions over the years i've seen the odd newbie presumably under 18 avatar unable to cross into my Moderate region. even been asked why they're hitting an invisible brick wall trying to region cross when I mentioned age it's not impossible they soon ditched that account and came back with one they pretended was at least 18.
13-15 year olds can be in SL but they have to be restricted to region(s) owned by an educational establishment or something like that, they can't break out on to main grid on that account 

It just says suitable for teens. A 13 yr old teen signing up will go wherever they please

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It really should have a Mature rating which is 17 and up, I believe.  

I completely agree nothing on the mobile or web app store mentions it's only suitable for 16+ i did however notice the Android web store gives it a PG rating and the YouTube kids' app is promoted as one of the 'More apps to try' down the side. it gives the impression SL is child friendly when it's the last place they should be. If it's labelled 'Mature' the playstore says if it indicates you're under 18 you'll be blocked from buying or acquiring it

26c47fd28612b69d4c2d0d9debf46245.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Lindens

The Google Play Store's "Parental Guidance Recommended" rating, which is indicated by an exclamation mark, suggests that parents consider if an app is appropriate for children under 18. Parents can also use parental controls to restrict what content can be downloaded or purchased from Google Play on an Android device based on maturity level. These controls can be set up for each device and type of content.

Additionally, you must already have an active, age appropriate Second Life account in order to use the app.  All the same Maturity Rating guidelines are still applicable and enforced, as stated here

• Like 6