Having issues seeing attched Particles ??? Help

HotLegs Snook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is an attached particle..  I have tried adjusting the amount of particles that i see.  moved it all the way up..  i cant even see if attached to another avi.

I can see Particles that are rezed in world just fine.. But if it is an attached particle I dont see the Particles.. I know it is probably something very simple  but I just cant figure out what setting needs to be adjusted..

Any Help would be great thanks.

HotLegs

4 answers to this question

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.  You can't attach a particle.  It's not an object.  It's simply a temporary visual effect rendered by your own computer's graphics card.  You can toggle all particles on or off by typing CTRL + Shift + Alt + =, and you can limit the number of particles that are rendered by your graphics card by adjusting the appropriate slider in the Graphics page in Preferences.  If you're not seeing some particles that you expect to see, perhaps that's the problem.  The only other possibility is that if you're not seeing particles that should be created by a poofer on your av, you've either turned it off or it has died.

i don't know what viewer you are using, i suspect the approach varies slightly, but could you by any chance have unchecked the "render attached particles" under the advanced menu? advanced > rendering > attached particles.

add info/comments to your post by using options > edit.

Nice guess! I didn't think of that one. As far as I know, there's no shortcut key combination for that one, so it would be impossible to toggle by mistake, but if the OP had been experimenting in the Advanced menu ..... I've done that kind of thing before and regretted it. :(

thanks =)

only reason i thought of this one is because i use it myself, i mean, as in having it unchecked normally. along with unchecking attached lights. haven't seen a :matte-motes-evil: facelight in a few years :D \o/

experimenting in the advanced menu - hehe been there, done that as well :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.