Beta programs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 months ago I was, without my knowledge or consent, put on a beta payment program. This meant I could not buy Lindens for 3 months. Then a month before my Premium membership was due I was taken off the beta so that my credit card could be charged :) Now I suddenly find that my LInden Home's control panel has gone on to a beta and yes, it no longer functions. Why doesn't anyone at LL understand that a BETA program is an experimental one that the user VOLUNTEERS for. So far none of the BETA programs I have been forced onto have worked and no one cares. I guess my house will be on BETA for he next 3 months. I am giving it  back now. I can't wait.

:) At the end LL admitted it had gone wrong and gave me $L1000. I can't tell you how insulted this made me feel..After 3 months of about 50 cries for help to support, countless days worrying about how to get money, having to buy Lindens out of world at a higher price, not having access to my credit card, pay pal or any other kind of SL payment method, using up thousands of RL dollars of my own RL time trying to fix this.   I think the the word BETA is being used very loosely here. It's not actually a BETA at all. They brought in a new payment method for 'international' users. Right from the start it didn't work. You could call it a failed attempt. Sounds nicer to call it a Beta.The problem is that when they were aware it was not working they did not close it down and put me back on the main payment system (which i am now back on again).Because, hey, it was a Beta not a failure.

Support was no help. Eventually I realised that Support could not help. On one support ticket they actually suggested that I, a resident of Australia, ring the Isle Of Man in the UK, to speak to Payment Support. That was their only solution. Finally I managed to get an email address for Payment Support but guess what, they couldn't help either.

And when I saw yesterday that my house had gone on to a 'BETA ' as well you can imagine how I felt. My question is: how many 'BETAs' does an Avi have to endure?

And in case you are wondering - I am paying the $1000 back. I don't want LL's money.This is not a money issue, I only quantified my own time like that to try and get through to the folks involved here. What I wanted was respect, consideration and to be treated like everyone else, who had access to the payment system :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.