Is there a way to LOCK vechicles

Drvckz

Question

So, I comeback to my land today my garage is open & all of my cars to my doors are open & I know I didnt do it, but also, none my friends couldve because i havent brought them to my land yet, i have 5 cars that cant open (because there not mine) but the ones I own were opened and lids were taken off, ik this is going to be an annoying thing, so is there a way to bypass this without take my cars back, because this is going to get annoying very quickly, I also resticted my land from being stepped on unless your on my list.

Edited by Drvckz

2 answers to this question

That depends on how the cars were scripted. If their scripts don't include a lock, it's unlikely that you could add one because the scripts are almost certainly no-mod.  You could always ask the creator if she would be willing to modify them for you, or maybe sell you upgraded versions.  I suspect that the doors and "lids" are touch activated, so whoever touched them wouldn't need to be on your parcel. 

You can do what you like, of course, but if they were my cars I would ignore the situation. I think it's likely to have been an admirer who was just curious about the cars. He may have even been thinking of buying ones like yours.  In any case, it is mildly annoying to find that someone has touched your things, but they can't actually hurt anything.  At least wait a week or so to see whether it happens again. If not, it really was just a curious passer by.

• Like 1

Right now, we're stuck with ban lines, security orbs, and cars with built-in security measures.

There was talk in the pew-pew feature group (meets alternate Thursdays at 1PM, see SL public calendar) of adding some new parcel properties for combat areas. Some anti-cheat proposals included a parcel mode that prohibited camming, sitting, or touching unless you have a clear line of sight from avatar to target point. That would be nice for houses. If you locked your doors, nobody could get inside.

Setting the parcel's teleport arrival point to some outside entry point keeps people from TPing into a building.