Still no web access Day 5

Edited to Add, 3 hours after this post I finally got in! yay!

Looks like it was a fluke though. This morning it's nothing but errors again.

I still can't log into my MP store (or the Marketplace at all) and the only way I can even get in here is to sneak in through the forum community page.

Secondlife.com and the MP site only get errors. It's very hard to run a business when I can't log into the business. Fortunately, I had money sitting ready to pay tier, which is due tomorrow, but I can't do anything at all with my store.

Any idea when this will be fixed? I saw the note in the blog, that has been there for days, but any clue what the actual issue is?

Yes, I'm in Southern CA., which appears to be part of the issue.

Edited by Artorius Constantine
obvious

Just to make sure this is the same issue I have been experiencing...

1. What browser are you using? Have you tried using a different browser?
  2. Are these errors mentioning anything called Edge Suite, with a random Reference ID starting with a hash (#) and a long alphanumeric string of characters?
  3. Are you using any adblockers, extensions, script editors, or other page-altering plugins? If so, have you tried disabling them?
  4. Are you using a VPN by chance? If so, have you tried logging in without it?

For me, I have only been experiencing an issue on Firefox, even on a different machine/OS with no add-ons, extensions, or VPNs. Using any other browser seems to work fine. So I'm not sure if this is a Firefox thing or something LL did on their end, but it seems to be unique to my main browser for some odd reason.

Tried a couple, all the same error. Edge and Chrome are both affected for sure.

Yes, it was the EdgeSuite error message everyone seems to be getting.

No and No.

Seems to be getting better the last couple days but still a few people in world complaining in the group chats.

The SL wiki seems to be affected too.

• Thanks 1

Don't know about anyone else, but I have been experiencing this issue intermittently for weeks, now. It does seem to be getting worse over time.

Normally, LL would have posted a blog about this by now. But they've been suspiciously silent.

🤔

Edited by Amras Martynov

Akamai had some outages with their content delivery network. Regions Akamai says were affected:

• Washington state
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Users in Asia accessing North American sites.

SL's web sites apparently go through Akamai's service, which is a large number of caching servers spread around the world.

How do those locations match up with the places where SL users saw trouble?

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2024 at 7:30 PM, animats said:

Akamai had some outages with their content delivery network. Regions Akamai says were affected:

• Washington state
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Users in Asia accessing North American sites.

SL's web sites apparently go through Akamai's service, which is a large number of caching servers spread around the world.

How do those locations match up with the places where SL users saw trouble?

This is a solid theory, but doesn't quite explain how Mexican and South American users are having issues. Nor does it really correlate well with Azure/Edge Suite catching/displaying the error to the affected users. Then again, I'm not in their system, so for all I know the latter could be that Edge Suite is somehow more directly affected by the Akamai outage than any other service along the route and so it catches the fail first.

That said, I've not been having any issues for a couple days, now. I am once more able to use my daily browser of choice without seeing the errors. Hopefully it's cleared up.

On 6/20/2024 at 9:27 PM, Ardy Lay said:

If this is in response to my earlier post: That's a status update which I was already aware of, whereas I was referring to their official blog outlets, namely under the Tech category. Sometimes, when something goes wonky in a way that hasn't happened before, some Linden or another will put something of a rundown of the issue there. It's been a good while since I've kept up, though, so it's very possible that hasn't been the case for some time.