Legacy body: Feet position per outfit?

TenMell0w

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, 
Is is possible to SAVE a foot position in the Legacy HUD with a foot position?

Thanks. 

... and now for the tl:dr;

Legacy HUD feet positions:
 rrDc0e2.jpeg

I have several outfits. Some have heels, some just regular sneakers and some i'm just barefoot. While I'm aware of the height adjusting needs when it comes to standing on the floor 'properly', this is a separate issue & i'd love to know if there is a way to save the foot positioning of the Legacy body with an outfit.

If there isn't an elegant solution to this.. what are some workaround that you doing to accomplish this? Right now, whenever i change outfits, i'm constantly having to go into my HUD and adjust the foot shape to account for the different shows I'm wearing, and there HAS TO BE A WAY to do this.. right??

Even if the solution involves something from the MP... please, let me know! I'll pay for a solution to this annoyance. 

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Doesn't Legacy still have separate feet and hands?  If so, you can save a COPY of the correct feet in the outfit folder instead of a link to the original.

Ah! That would make sense and I totally get what you're saying, but... not seeing them in my current unpacked Legacy body items. Could you point me it the direction of where they are? I bought my legacy body about 3 months ago, so it might be possible i may need a redelivery for this.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Doesn't Legacy still have separate feet and hands?  If so, you can save a COPY of the correct feet in the outfit folder instead of a link to the original.

Ahhh... Are you referring to these?? ... if so, then permissions on my shoes won't allow for me to drop them into the shoe. (ie: the shoe's content tab). Maybe its something else?? 
QGWr5Xe.jpeg

Edited by TenMell0w
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There should be another folder that has the body in it.  That's the Create folder.

The male body has attached feet/hands while the female does not. 

Just done a re-delivery and put the body, feet and hands on. I've looked through the rest of the contents here and i'm not seeing each foot pose as 'individual items' - or something that will get me closer. 

W7tsULH.jpeg

Even looked in the 'Legacy Fit deformers' and didn't see it there either... :(
6AW5fjA.jpeg 

You make copies of the feet.  Set one to high, one to mid, one to flat.  Then, wear those copies with the correct height for the outfit.  Save the outfit.  You wear the flats copy with another outfit,  save that outfit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TenMell0w said:

Just done a re-delivery and put the body, feet and hands on. I've looked through the rest of the contents here and i'm not seeing each foot pose as 'individual items' - or something that will get me closer. 

W7tsULH.jpeg

Even looked in the 'Legacy Fit deformers' and didn't see it there either... :(
6AW5fjA.jpeg 

"[FEET] Legacy (f) (Classic Fit) (1.6)" is what you are looking for.

You can copy this item into your outfit and wear the copy then use the Legacy HUD (you don't need to copy this, it'll just work on whatever copy of the feet you are wearing) to set the foot shape. Then whenever you wear that specific copy of "[FEET] Legacy (f) (Classic Fit) (1.6)" it will still have the foot shape set :)

It's a shame you often cannot rename copies like this though, would make managing things a ton easier... when this is the case I often copy variations of objects into subfolders to aid in finding and using them later in outfits.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

You make copies of the feet.  Set one to high, one to mid, one to flat.  Then, wear those copies with the correct height for the outfit.  Save the outfit.  You wear the flats copy with another outfit,  save that outfit.  

1 hour ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

"[FEET] Legacy (f) (Classic Fit) (1.6)" is what you are looking for.

You can copy this item into your outfit and wear the copy then use the Legacy HUD (you don't need to copy this, it'll just work on whatever copy of the feet you are wearing) to set the foot shape. Then whenever you wear that specific copy of "[FEET] Legacy (f) (Classic Fit) (1.6)" it will still have the foot shape set :)

It's a shame you often cannot rename copies like this though, would make managing things a ton easier... when this is the case I often copy variations of objects into subfolders to aid in finding and using them later in outfits.

GOT IT!!!! Thank you BOTH so so much!! Granted, its not the most intuitive way of going about this, (but then again, when is anything to do with your inventory in SL!?) but I'll take it as it works! 😜 

I now have 3 "same name"  'copies' of the "[FEET] Legacy (f) (Classic Fit) (1.6)" and i'm using the respective one in each of my outfits. The ability to NOT RENAME your inventory is BEYOND FRUSTRATING!! Not just for the foot shapes, but.. so many other things. I get that you can't MODIFY items, but there really should be a separation of 'item (content) modification' and 'item renaming'. 

Thank you both again! :)

Edited by TenMell0w
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, TenMell0w said:

GOT IT!!!! Thank you BOTH so so much!! Granted, its not the most intuitive way of going about this, (but then again, when is anything to do with your inventory in SL!?) but I'll take it as it works! 😜 

I now have 3 "same name"  'copies' of the "[FEET] Legacy (f) (Classic Fit) (1.6)" and i'm using the respective one in each of my outfits. The ability to NOT RENAME your inventory is BEYOND FRUSTRATING!! Not just for the foot shapes, but.. so many other things. I get that you can't MODIFY items, but there really should be a separation of 'item (content) modification' and 'item renaming'. 

Thank you both again! :)

The only work around that I've used for not being able to rename is to make a folder High Legacy Feet and put that set of feet in there and in the main legacy body folder.  If you're on Firestorm, you could use the Favorite Wearables option on your toolbar and keep drag the Legacy HUD in there.  It remains in the same place in your inventory but you can access it without rummaging IN your inventory.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TenMell0w said:

The ability to NOT RENAME your inventory is BEYOND FRUSTRATING!! Not just for the foot shapes, but.. so many other things.

It really is, the option should be removed IMO. So many times I have wanted to rename something to aid in finding it later but have been denied... subfolders do help but you do have to learn to search by subfolder and then there's an extra click involved to view the contents of the subfolder and still a good chance of getting mixed up.

An alternative would be to allow us to add, display and search by metadata tags for any object.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

16 hours ago, TenMell0w said:

Ahhh... Are you referring to these?? ... if so, then permissions on my shoes won't allow for me to drop them into the shoe. (ie: the shoe's content tab). Maybe its something else?? 
QGWr5Xe.jpeg

I have never tried this, but if you wanted to use the scripts I am pretty sure you can. Putting the script in shoes would make the most sense but I don't think there is a reason it would need to actually be in the shoes. So you could put the script inside a prim you've made called "bare" and wear it along with the outfit. That might or might not be a better solution for you than making different feet copies.

39 minutes ago, Ze Helix said:

I have never tried this, but if you wanted to use the scripts I am pretty sure you can. Putting the script in shoes would make the most sense but I don't think there is a reason it would need to actually be in the shoes. So you could put the script inside a prim you've made called "bare" and wear it along with the outfit. That might or might not be a better solution for you than making different feet copies.

Can those be dropped into No mod shoes?  A LOT of shoes are no mod unless you use the HUD.  

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Can those be dropped into No mod shoes?  A LOT of shoes are no mod unless you use the HUD.  

No, they can't add scripts to a no mod thing. They would need to make a prim, add the script, name it something like "flat foot" and then make the prim tiny and invisible and wear it along with the rest of their outfit. I haven't tried this, because I don't mind using the HUD to change my feet when I change outfits. But I don't think the script actually needs to be in the shoe. It controls the body, not the shoe. It's still a pain because they need to make a new item for each foot state and then wear it with every outfit. But then at least with the script they can keep the same feet on (so nail polish and materials stays the same if they changed it) and have the switch state item named properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ze Helix said:

No, they can't add scripts to a no mod thing. They would need to make a prim, add the script, name it something like "flat foot" and then make the prim tiny and invisible and wear it along with the rest of their outfit. I haven't tried this, because I don't mind using the HUD to change my feet when I change outfits. But I don't think the script actually needs to be in the shoe. It controls the body, not the shoe. It's still a pain because they need to make a new item for each foot state and then wear it with every outfit. But then at least with the script they can keep the same feet on (so nail polish and materials stays the same if they changed it) and have the switch state item named properly.

That is actually a really good point. They should include transparent objects ready made with those scripts in the body package, would simplify this.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

40 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

That is actually a really good point. They should include transparent objects ready made with those scripts in the body package, would simplify this.

I use a Maitreya body, but it has foot positioning scripts that work the same way. If modifiable shoes don't already have the script, I add it. For use with no-mod shoes, I have prims for each position that I can attach. I include the appropriate one in the outfit.

I recommend not using transparent prims, but using bright colored ones, because they are easier to manage. Either make them small and position them inside your body or attach them to HUD attachment points and locate them off the screen.

• Like 1

There is a box of useful Legacy things and inside the box is a box of auto-positioners that you can attach to every outfit, so you don't need the HUD and you don't need to save the feet in any particular state.  These auto-detach.  The Box is the MeshBody Welcome Box.  

Edited by Cristalle Karami
updated info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I use a Maitreya body, but it has foot positioning scripts that work the same way. If modifiable shoes don't already have the script, I add it. For use with no-mod shoes, I have prims for each position that I can attach. I include the appropriate one in the outfit.

I recommend not using transparent prims, but using bright colored ones, because they are easier to manage. Either make them small and position them inside your body or attach them to HUD attachment points and locate them off the screen.

I would agree, I'm very much in the habit of using Ctrl-T to manage invisible things though since I have a bunch of linked transparent prim deformers floating around inside me :)

Edited by AmeliaJ08

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Cristalle Karami said:

There is a box of useful Legacy things and inside the box is a box of auto-positioners that you can attach to every outfit, so you don't need the HUD and you don't need to save the feet in any particular state.  These auto-detach.  The Box is the MeshBody Welcome Box.  

The info here from you and others has been invaluable here!! Thank you to you and @Ze Helix... i just took the time to create 5 transparent, but very small objects, each containing a diff foot position\height script and saved them with each of my outfits. All 5 set to attach to RIGHT hand foot, as the feet are set to LEFT hind foot. So now instead of having multiple same-named 'feet' objects per height, it's a single 'foot' worn (and a single foot to manage) with all outfits along with the correct height for the shoes in each outfit. 

J6r2PSe.jpeg

I also started the names of each of my heights the same as the feet, so I can quickly see both together in my current outfit...
8MiZJFT.jpeg

'Good Times!' for sure here... and while there are still annoyances with my avatar here and there... the feet are no longer one of them! 😜 

Edited by TenMell0w
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.