Tweenster body and AK Head problems with neck

onyxstars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

I am not very experienced with SL but managed to look decent having a normal male avatar. I wanted to try to make a child avatar and have bought the tweenster body. I was hoping i could use the AK Leonardo head but the neck situation does not seem to work :( 

https://gyazo.com/30dedfce67b4c1150603e478b23909fe

Is this maybe not possible? If so what head would you recommend for teen boy that would fit with the tweenster body? If it is possible, can you give me some pointers?

Thank you very much in advance.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I would check the marketplace to see if there is a third party add-on neck fix that would fit your body. I know there are several for furry heads that might work. The Apricot Paws brand neck is free and supports BOM.

Thank you very much i will check that out.

I believe you have to use a female shape and head with female neck with tweenster, from memory. I seem to remember it does have universal female neck fit but a female shape and female neck was the important part, you can of course set the Tweenster HUD to male to change the chest mesh etc but your actual shape and neck must be female.

I don't believe the body supports male heads with the male universal neck.

What about the Akeruka 'Pride' head from last year? it was a gift but here it is on MP: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AK-ADVX-Pride-Head/24935651

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

There has be only one Pride Head that had the female & male version in one package, called Akeruka Pride Head. The Leonardo Head was the Christmas gift head.

Ah ok.  Their Facebook post about Pride didn't mention 2 heads just one that was unisex and could be used for males or females.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?id=100063739652253&story_fbid=707788468022469

Edited by Rowan Amore

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Ah ok.  Their Facebook post about Pride didn't mention 2 heads just one that was unisex and could be used for males or females.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?id=100063739652253&story_fbid=707788468022469

I have the Pride head, and there is clearly a Pride Male & a Pride Female version in the folder. Just checked to be sure.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 1

I've used several different heads with the Tweenster avatar, and they all worked fine. I'm going to side with Rowan and say that any female head should technically work. Tweenster was made in the beginning to be used with one's own SL head, and not all necks are made alike, but so far I haven't had any problems matching the neck with any female head I've tried.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

The Akeruka male heads are made for all male bodies with a standard SL necksize. I don't think or believe that tweenster has a standard SL necksize.

It does look smaller on the body then on the head

14 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

I've used several different heads with the Tweenster avatar, and they all worked fine. I'm going to side with Rowan and say that any female head should technically work. Tweenster was made in the beginning to be used with one's own SL head, and not all necks are made alike, but so far I haven't had any problems matching the neck with any female head I've tried.

I seem to remember with the 5.0 update it moved to the standard universal female neck fit but I might be getting that wrong, it possibly still has the options for other neck fits in the HUD.

But yeah, has to be a female head with a female neck either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onyxstars said:

Thank you everyone for your replies, i see you all say to try the female head, how do i turn it male again? I wish to have a male child avatar. Thank you advance.

Just use a female head. In the Tweenster HUD there is a button (sorry I can't remember exactly where) to switch between male and female body mesh, it changes the visible mesh of the body so you can use male or female clothes. The important thing is regardless of sex you select in the HUD that you use a 'female' head with a female neck shape since it is all Tweenster supports.

From memory the button was at the top of one of the HUD screens, possibly the one where you can select alpha cuts but it has been a long time since I used it.

Also critical is that your shape is set to female.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for your replies, i see you all say to try the female head, how do i turn it male again? I wish to have a male child avatar. Thank you advance.

You don't really need to do anything to turn a female head male, or turn a male head female for that matter. Most head shapes are unisex except for the fact that there is no unisex neck fit unless both are included like the Pride head from AK which comes with a male and a female neck fit version but the same face. Or Lelutka's River which I think changes from male to female neckfit by the HUD. The rest is just up to your skin and hair styling.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Try a female head too

Yes, only female heads work for Tweenster as it's based on the female body. Female heads tend to work better for child avatars anyway.

I have Tweenster and I use Lelutka Avalon. Also if you're new to having a child avatar you should educate yourself on LL's rules and policies as a lot of these have recently changed. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Yes, only female heads work for Tweenster as it's based on the female body. Female heads tend to work better for child avatars anyway.

I have Tweenster and I use Lelutka Avalon. Also if you're new to having a child avatar you should educate yourself on LL's rules and policies as a lot of these have recently changed. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. 

Thank you, i have a lelutka head too but not female so same problem haha. I am trying now with the Genus free head that is female. Im trying skins to make it more look like a teen boy but keeps looking female. I have to admit I am still not very skilled at all of this. Appreciate all the help and suggestions so thank you.

Yes i will be careful to not break any rules for sure!

• Like 1

I have to admit I am still not very skilled at all of this. Appreciate all the help and suggestions so thank you.

Just to add on, without any specific help. Don't worry or get too frustrated with the process of getting your avatar looking the way you want it to. It's often trial and a lot of errors and "oops!" moments that we have all gone through and struggle with.

Stay positive, keep tweaking and experimenting, and it will all come together. And yes, there is a lot of help to be had, make use of whatever you're offered.

Enjoy SL!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onyxstars said:

Thank you, i have a lelutka head too but not female so same problem haha. I am trying now with the Genus free head that is female. I'm trying skins to make it more look like a teen boy but keeps looking female. I have to admit I am still not very skilled at all of this. Appreciate all the help and suggestions so thank you.

Yes i will be careful to not break any rules for sure!

If you belong to the Akeruka group ($L 150 to join), they have a $L 1 male and a $L 1 female group gift head available now through June.  I suggest getting both of them. Akeruka has been offering $L 1 male & female group gift heads twice/ year, in June & December (or sometimes January). These are very good mesh heads & the more recent ones are EvoX compatible. I think their other heads might be on sale, & they sell EvoX compatible toddler heads too. 

Lelutka has gift heads in December for the 12 Days of Xmas event. A bunch of skin and hair stores also participate in this event, with free group join, free skins & hair for a limited time (12 days).

Genus of course has their free female mesh head and a skin for it, but it's not EvoX compatible.

If you want to try a non-human head, BeSpoke has a free one (male & female versions) (with the Fabulously Free group) at the Warehouse event (if that's still going).

Some people use the Maitreya Flat Chest to get an androgynous look. You can get a free LucyBody Athenea body from the Midnight Madness board at LucyBody, then buy their Bakes On Mesh applier for $L 250. You might be able to wear the Maitreya Flat Chest add-on with it. Try a demo of both the Athenea body & the Flat Chest add-on to check.

I think it's always going to take some work to get a teen or androgynous shape that looks right. Tweensters is probably the easiest body to shape for a teen boy. A more masculine or androgynous female head will probably be the easiest to get a face you like. Look at & demo some of the heads from Lelutka & Akeruka.  Lelutka heads have more applier makeup available for them, but Akeruka EvoX compatible heads work fine with all EvoX BOM layers - skin, makeup or tattoos.

You might also look on Marketplace for teen shapes, but be sure they are made for the mesh head & body you're using.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, onyxstars said:

You can turn your body shape male or female by clicking on a button on the Edit Shape window, upper right corner, male & female symbols.

You can't change the neck size of mesh heads (unless maybe there is some head that can do that). Maybe demo the Akeruka child heads on your body too? I think they're make for younger child bodies, so they might not fit on Tweenster.

You should create a new shape for a teen body & face, but save your original adult masculine shape. Shapes take time to get right, so always make copies & name each one appropriately. You can write down your slider numbers on a notecard if you might mess up a shape and then want to return to your earlier dimensions. 

You might also try a demo of Belleza Jake (unless you already have this body) to see if you can get a teen shape with it. I'm sure it won't go to a child shape though.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

7 hours ago, Ze Helix said:

You don't really need to do anything to turn a female head male, or turn a male head female for that matter. Most head shapes are unisex except for the fact that there is no unisex neck fit unless both are included like the Pride head from AK which comes with a male and a female neck fit version but the same face. Or Lelutka's River which I think changes from male to female neckfit by the HUD. The rest is just up to your skin and hair styling.

I use the River head. It comes with a female neck version & a male neck version, a female shape & a male shape, the same as with the Akeruka unisex heads. Lelutka also has a couple other unisex heads, I think.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Here's a new unisex EvoX compatible head from LOGO too.

Yep, the head is Morgan Lamour and is currently sold at the Pride Stravaganza event:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Vale Acadia/121/148/48

logobooth.thumb.jpg.8125cb53b2c9433c9866a9c75640cec3.jpg

@onyxstars For a teen boy look, the skin do the heavy lifting when combined with a female head and shape on Tweenster. Try checking out Gloom. They have unisex skins that tend to skew on the youngish side.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.