SL should have object decay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

45 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I've found in general, and especially on the Forum, that those who accuse others of "lies" are "projecting".

Except for maybe TWO posters who like to stir things up, I am literally not aware of anyone lying.

Put simply, "liars accuse everyone else of lying, because they assume everyone is lying, because they themselves lie a lot".

I'm not saying YOU are a "liar", I am just pointing out a general principle I have observed with those who call others "liars".

Unless you think I'm lying, but then that would prove my point.

The only point you have on these forums is to increase your post count.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

This thread keeps coming up on View New Posts and because I don't know what it's about I never looked before.

I peep inside.

All I know it is sad when a thread turns into this.

People. Take a break. Please 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Codex Alpha said:

Frankly, it just amounts to "Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me,me " ::breath:: "me, me, me, me me me" around here

Ok I will bite. Unless you are referring to the original poster’s idea, which was about his wanting the parcels cleared of paying customers who have not signed in because of his whims, I fail to see how those not wanting this to happen to anyone is “me me me me”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How do I get this decayed/removed? It's ruining my horizon, and the owner hasn't logged in for years

On 6/6/2024 at 4:04 AM, Hal Winchester said:

"The Man"' created by oldjohn Linden.  The oldest object in-world Second Life, created July 19, 2002. Where am I?

OldJohn Linden the man statue.png

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MadameGloom Ravenwood said:

In some cases there should be thread decay as well.

There is!

8 hours ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

parcels cleared of paying customers who have not signed in because of his whims

Weren't you complaining about people complaining about straw men last time I was here?

7 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

There is!

Weren't you complaining about people complaining about straw men last time I was here?

What did I say that was untrue? You want entire builds to decay (aka be removed) if a paying customer has not logged in after a certain period of time, even though they continue to pay for the land in absentia. That is the entire foundation for your suggestion. You even acknowledged that opt in would not work, so people would have this forced upon them. Hell no.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

Ok I will bite. Unless you are referring to the original poster’s idea, which was about his wanting the parcels cleared of paying customers who have not signed in because of his whims, I fail to see how those not wanting this to happen to anyone is “me me me me”.

I believe the answer is, anyone who disagrees is somehow all "me me me me me".

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You're right! Some people see "cat butts" every place they look!!!

2 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

Sadly it is normally when I wake up and turn my head in bed. 

Look, I know y'all want more cat butt, but (see what I did there?) I'm not pressing my luck.

3 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

What did I say that was untrue?

Almost all of it?

Parcels cleared of their owners =/= autoreturn of abandoned objects.

At my whims =/= Predetermined guidelines and settings.

That's the kind of bad faith misrepresentation that made this over 20 pages long.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Personally, I think if this was a "bad faith troll thread", @Paul Hexem did an OK job of defending it when I quoted all the points yesterday.

However, I don't recall in the OP itself (but later in the thread) a discussion of WHY this is something one would want.  The first sentence is all we get: "One feature I really like about certain building games I think would be a wonderful addition to Second Life."  

I do not think that because someone likes a feature about other games, is justification for adding it to Second Life.

Lacking the "WHY", and discounting (ignoring) the examples given later in the thread of "Oh, they're blocking my view! Oh, there's massive ugly trash on my neighbor's land!", I see it more as a "thought experiment".

Restated: If you re-read the OP, then the Title "SL should have object decay" - lacking any justification, it's a non-starter.  Sure, we discussed justification later, but that's not a really valid excuse for a thread that was a little sus in the first place.  ("Oops, I left out the why. You mean it's not obvious?" could be an expected answer sometimes, but I don't agree, especially this time.)

In my real opinion, the burden for requesting such a change should be on the justification; if the OP can't provide that, then why should the rest of us? 

Good job, @Paul Hexem

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Changed "requestion" to "requesting"
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Almost all of it?

That's the kind of bad faith misrepresentation that made this over 20 pages long.

Assuming "= / = " is to represent "does not equal"!

1 minute ago, Paul Hexem said:

Almost all of it?

I have been respectful up to this point, but that is absolute *****. Auto returning the objects on land owned by other people is the ENTIRE basis of your hairbrained suggestion. I said parcels cleared, meaning the objects removed from them, even though IT IS THEIR LAND. You absolutely know what I meant. Talk about bad faith representation. You are ridiculous. 20 pages just clarified in stark relief what an absurd idea your suggestion is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

I said parcels cleared

Of owners, not objects. That's very different. Saying "you know what I meant" doesn't fix it.

4 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

You are ridiculous.

Maybe. But I think I'd rather be ridiculous than an over emotional liar.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...scritches your tummy

Last time I did that, to a random kitten which was lying just like that, which had turned up on our doorstep when I got home...

It was a trap! As soon as I started to tickle the cute, innocent looking kitten, it closed the trap like a Venus fly trap, all four cute little paws hooking their claws into my wrist as the kitten gnawed on my thumb!

I lifted it up, like the guy in the movie "the blob" when it got on his hand, with the kitten still gnawing on me and hooked in for keeps. I pleaded with my wife for help, she just laughed out loud.

Never again... kittens are evil! (until I see another one looking irresistibly cute...)

Edited by Rick Nightingale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Of owners, not objects. That's very different. Saying "you know what I meant" doesn't fix it.

Show me where the hell I said cleared of owners. I said parcels cleared of paying customers, meaning people are paying for the land still that you want cleared. My god, you cannot be this obtuse.

Edited by Cristiano Midnight
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Show me a single thing I have said that was untrue. You can’t back up what you are saying, so everything is a straw man and people are liars. Keep calling me a liar, see how that works out.

• Like 1

The problem of dead/zombie accounts having all the choice land and never using it could be solved by terraforming in more water ways across the large chunks of abandoned land.

And any "eyesore builds" can be muted/blocked by the viewer.  I have done this several times with entire active mall style buildings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.