Non-delivered Items CONSTANTLY

missesxedwards1488303908

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The freebies that I have "won" in world are not appearing in my inventory and I have spent lindens in the marketplace and not received any of that stuff either for the past 3 days. I really don't want to have to contact the sellers individually as I shouldn't have to and I purchased A LOT of items.
Why does this keep happening? Is it because I work on a MacBook Pro? Is it because I recently updated my viewer? It really takes the fun out of playing if I have to constantly contact people because for some reason I am not receiving the stuff I pay for. It's enough to make me not want to play anymore. What's the deal??

Update:
The freebies are collected in world from posters that randomly show a letter and if your name begins with it, you can collect it, but I don't receive them. Also, I am in world and logged in when buying from the Marketplace, I dont get the little pop-up option anymore to keep or delete my purchases. Nothing is in my Objects folder in my inventory. Another thing.... I cannot teleport at all. I'm really frustrated, and I'm sure I sound like a whiner but I'm not lol. It seems like all these problems occurred after I updated my viewer. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled.. I have lowered my bandwidth and have no firewall settings to my knowledge. I will do as you say and wait until the middle of next week and then contact all the merchants I purchased from. I appreciate the feedback tons, just wishing I could resolve all the issues I'm having. 

3 answers to this question

Your Mac probably isn't the problem, so don't beat up on it.  You say that you have been ordering a lot of items in the past few days.... were you in world to receive them at the time you placed the orders, or were you on the Marketplace site but not logged in to SL?    I ask because there is a limit to the number of IMs, group notices, group invitations, and item transfers that can be stored for any resident.  Once you exceed the limit, LL's servers refuse to handle any more.  This isn't normally a problem because most people have their IMs forwarded to e-mail so that they never get capped.  However, if you order a pile of things at once and you aren't in world to receive them, and that queue gets capped..... any more items simply won't be delivered.

The solution, then, is to be sure that you're in world to accept delivery.  Also, the shopping basket can be flaky.  If you put too many items in it, it can get confused.  I never order more than one thing at a time myself.  If I were you, I'd limit myself to a few at a time.  Meanwhile, you have no choice but to contact the merchants individually for each order that you're already missing.  Remember that this is the 4th of July weekend -- a holiday in the US, so you're not likely to get a fast response.  If you haven't heard back by the middle of next week, you should consider filng a support ticket (https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ and indicate Marketplace from the pulldown menu).

• Like 1

Unfortunately thing happen; this might be an asset server problem. Waiting would be a good idea. In time the problem might be resolved.

Have you looked here during the time these issues occurred?:

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

You may end up doing this "I really don't want to have to contact the sellers individually". 

One last point, "you get what you pay for". Freebies do have there problems

• Like 1

When I used to get a lot of freebies from the marketplace, I noticed if I received more than 8 at a time, I would only get the first 8; the rest wouldn't get delievered.

How did you win the freebies? Like from a midnight mania board? But yeah, if you are getting your items capped,that would be the reason. If you allow your messages to be sent to email, you can see what is being sent to you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.