LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

*goes back and rereads the entire TOS and the Wiki*

Nope sorry, everything I do is within the rules

Great! Then you don't need to worry or stop having fun.

We wasted 34 pages on nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Then why are you acting all paranoid about it? If you are following the rules, you don't have to worry. But when you make a post about this, acting like you read jack crap and that somehow you have a problem with the current ruling. That is what comes off as suspect. 

• Like 2

That’s what I said, technically just on the thin side of compliance. By design I’m sure. But there’s something to be said about the spirit of the law and not just the letter and while I would not AR you or anyone unless I could cite what I believed to be a clear violation, there are other factors people consider when forming an opinion. We all know the house on the block that barely and grudgingly complies with the covenant in the ugliest possible way, yet they agreed up uphold that covenant in good faith. Or the person who farts in church, technically not even against God’s law, but yeah. We know. 

IMG_8010.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I had fun, didn’t you? Its not wasted if you are enjoying yourself, 

and yes my weekend camping trip was wonderful, thank you for asking

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Then you still don't get it.

Maybe I don't get it. I was replying to BJ, who said everything she does is within the rules.

I'm assuming everything you do has been within the rules too, because the part about sexual AP hasn't really changed. You just can't go into an Adult region wearing a child avatar, but I don't think you use a child avatar anyway, right?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Exactly this is is why i didn't engage (much) with this thread, other then seeing it "HOT" and 35 page in right now. I just can't but roll my eyes at that.

Yeah yeah, i know, someone's going to tell me if i don't like the topic, i should not engage. Well, i didn't. But i can say what i think of it. ;)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I don’t feel the good info was wasted and well, we did have the benefit of her absence for most of it, so I think there’s a balance.  But I still say where there’s smoke there’s fire and something about the rules switch got her goat enough that she wanted to try and nose-pinch the people who see the positive side of it. Not sure why but seems it did. 

• Haha 1

So anyway, you will all be happy to hear that I have decided not to call any of my bfs "daddy" any more.

However, since there are entire sims and groups dedicated to race play, where the use of the N word is integral to their twisted fantasies, no one can be upset by me making my bf happy by using "that" word with him.

• Haha 1

So anyway, you will all be happy to hear that I have decided not to call any of my bfs "daddy" any more.

However, since there are entire sims and groups dedicated to race play, where the use of the N word is integral to their twisted fantasies, no one can be upset by me making my bf happy by using "that" word with him.

Hon, no one cares, and there’s a guy right here on the forum who is into that, you should run right over and tap that, lol. Just be careful it can never ever ever be misconstrued as hate speech in an algorithm of monitoring your little mayhem behavior coctail, or the AY EYES’ll getcha in no time.

🤖

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

It is too bad there weren't more posters on the thread contributing that actually do slex with human avatars. Suppose they're too busy slexing to post in the forum arguing with those who don't. What's wrong with us that we are?! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I don’t feel the good info was wasted and well, we did have the benefit of her absence for most of it, so I think there’s a balance.  But I still say where there’s smoke there’s fire and something about the rules switch got her goat enough that she wanted to try and nose-pinch the people who see the positive side of it. Not sure why but seems it did. 

As usual you totally misunderstood, but it's okey I understand.

*pats head*

The rules switch brings previously innocent actions under scrutiny, that is what I have a problem with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still-innocent acts in and of themselves…unless there’s something you maybe left out. I get it though, you are a Very Busy Gal, things get sloppy, etc etc. I do absolutely understand. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That was then, this is now and the future. For those us still engaging in slex, the dynamics are being changed and a couple will need to be more careful that their play does not encroach on an aspect that borders on differing perceived ages, even if look and dress wise, both are seen as adults. Never mind that now there is mounting evidence that everything said within SL, local and IM, can and will be used against a resident if they are AR'ed for whatever reason.

It always could be as you've described.  Nothing has changed at all in that.  If you were perceived as too young before, someone could AR you.  If they thought you calling someone Daddy was AP before, they could AR you.  LL could always read your IMs if you were ARed for AP.  What exactly has changed?  Nothing really.  The actual changes all have to do with how child avatars must present with modesty panels and they aren't allowed in adult regions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It always could be as you've described.  Nothing has changed at all in that.  If you were perceived as too young before, someone could AR you.  If they thought you calling someone Daddy was AP before, they could AR you.  LL could always read your IMs if you were ARed for AP.  What exactly has changed?  Nothing really.  The actual changes all have to do with how child avatars must present with modesty panels and they aren't allowed in adult regions.  

Proactive governance is new. I don't know why you keep saying it hasn't changed when that very word says it has. That they are looking at various ways to do that tells me they are looking for easier and less time consuming ways to witch hunt. Ai will do that. Madi has already said she could script something up to do that in a couple hours. This is not rocket science it seems.

Can't go by how it has been since the game dynamics have clearly changed. As BilliJo already pointed out: "The rules switch brings previously innocent actions under scrutiny"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Proactive governance is new. I don't know why you keep saying it hasn't changed when that very word says it has. That they are looking at various ways to do that tells me they are looking for easier and less time consuming ways to witch hunt. Ai will do that. Madi has already said she could script something up to do that in a couple hours. This is not rocket science it seems.

Can't go by how it has been since the game dynamics have clearly changed. As BilliJo already pointed out: "The rules switch brings previously innocent actions under scrutiny"

They are still looking at ways to BE proactive but the other stuff is still.the same.  They have said the whole daddy/baby girl RP is fine as long as both avatars are adult.  You're an adult avatar so what the heck is the problem.  What other "innocent" aspect would now be under fire?  If it borders on any AP as in any mention of either avatar being under 18, then it ain't innocent.  

The more you and BJ whine about it, the more I'm thinking the same as @Fauve Aeon...you're trying to see how far you can push it or dislike that you can't anymore?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I have a business idea!

"RolePlaying Classes" for people who don't know how to / are afraid to RolePlay without breaking the TOS!

It's really not that hard but you know...people.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

They are still looking at ways to BE proactive but the other stuff is still.the same.  They have said the whole daddy/baby girl RP is fine as long as both avatars are adult.  You're an adult avatar so what the heck is the problem.  What other "innocent" aspect would now be under fire?  If it borders on any AP as in any mention of either avatar being under 18, then it ain't innocent.  

The more you and BJ whine about it, the more I'm thinking the same as @Fauve Aeon...you're trying to see how far you can push it or dislike that you can't anymore?

The moment one or the other partner uses the words Daddy or Babygirl they are putting the RP into an age difference setting. Like BJ already pointed out, one would really need to stop using those terms even if allowed because of the mindset/setting they are inviting the other into.

It is like when I used to do D/s and would use the term Miss or Sir to someone who appeared a dominant even when they were not my dominant. I didn't title them like that for their sake, but to keep myself in the state of being a sub and to keep them in a state of dominance, regardless of any sort of slex. 

The more you and some other are arguing this the more I realize you just aren't going to get this unless one is doing regular RP where one is really and truly immersed in the role. One cannot be a Daddy unless one really is immersed in the role of being an older parental and authoritarian figure. The same goes for being a Babygirl, one can't be immersed in that role, regardless of actual age unless one is really feeling it. Otherwise it is just words that have no meaning. If those terms have meaning, one is stepping into an age difference sort of scene.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

one would really need to stop using those terms even if allowed because of the mindset/setting they are inviting the other into.

That sounds like a you problem with personal issues or boundaries because 

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000173097-child-avatar-faq#Q%3A-How-will-this-affect-consenting-adults-who-utilize-adult-avatars-but-affectionately-refer-to-each-other-using-terms-such-as-Papi,-Mami,-Daddy,-Mommy,-babygirl,-or-babyboy,-either-due-to-their-BDSM-dynamic-or-simply-as-endearing-pet-names?

IMG_8014.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The moment one or the other partner uses the words Daddy or Babygirl they are putting the RP into an age difference setting. Like BJ already pointed out, one would really need to stop using those terms even if allowed because of the mindset/setting they are inviting the other into.

It is like when I used to do D/s and would use the term Miss or Sir to someone who appeared a dominant even when they were not my dominant. I didn't title them like that for their sake, but to keep myself in the state of being a sub and to keep them in a state of dominance, regardless of any sort of slex. 

Since they have said they are fine words.to use, those words may not end up being ones they would program into any proactive moderation or they would be inundated with follow ups and they do not have the staff for that.

ETA...and I'm going to disagree strongly that the use of Daddy or baby girl has anything to do with age difference.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.