LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

They may or may not bother telling us.  My money is on not.

Are they in any way required to? Iirc, they do not need to, we are directed to NOT divulge any pertinent personal identifying information, and that if we do it will be ‘collected’ that’s already in the TOS, so that already goes a long way in enabling data collection, we are anonymous avatars unless we ourselves divulge more.

I guess my question on 99% of all of these supposed ‘talking points’ is that they seem to be more for the purpose of pot-stirring or rabble-rousing than actual discourse that leads to solutions. These threads feel different to me than say, the creators questioning the TOS IP changes or people encouraging things like feature requests rather than just tossing out grist for a rumour mill and poking people’s paranoia hot-buttons. Not saying the topics don’t contain kernels of importance, but the presentation/entertainment of them here hasn’t fostered more meaningful (or effective) discussion that drives any positive change that I can detect. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I guess my question on 99% of all of these supposed ‘talking points’ is that they seem to be more for the purpose of pot-stirring or rabble-rousing than actual discourse that leads to solutions. These threads feel different to me than say, the creators questioning the TOS IP changes or people encouraging things like feature requests rather than just tossing out grist for a rumour mill and poking people’s paranoia hot-buttons. Not saying the topics don’t contain kernels of importance, but the presentation/entertainment of them here hasn’t fostered more meaningful (or effective) discussion that drives any positive change that I can detect. 

Yes. Mostly complaining, stirring, drama, etc.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Are they in any way required to? Iirc, they do not need to, we are directed to NOT divulge any pertinent personal identifying information, and that if we do it will be ‘collected’ that’s already in the TOS, so that already goes a long way in enabling data collection, we are anonymous avatars unless we ourselves divulge more.

No, they're not required AFAIK.  I posted the relevant section of the ToS previously in this thread...

Sensitive or Special Category Data

We generally do not actively seek any sensitive or special category data from you, but we may be exposed to it pursuant to your use of the Services. For example, if when using our chat functions or other communication services, you choose to discuss your political views, sexual orientation or other sensitive or special category data, this will be collected by us as with any other information in the communications. If you would not like this information to be accessible by us, we encourage you not to disclose it through the use of the Services or otherwise.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Fauve Aeon said:
2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm offering a free Reiki session to help those traumazized via reading this entire thread...

I’m going to need this. I’d also love to have a chat with you about Reiki and related modalities in general, when you have time. 

Sure...add me inworld.

And I'm just getting back to doing Reiki inworld , though was trained and practiced in RL for years....so you will be a good guinea pig!!!!   hehe  ;0

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:
2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm offering a free Reiki session to help those traumazized via reading this entire thread...

That sounds like adding injury to insult!

some are beyond hope though...so I do need to exclude a few from my offer....sorry   :(

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

No, they're not required AFAIK.  I posted the relevant section of the ToS previously in this thread...

Sensitive or Special Category Data

We generally do not actively seek any sensitive or special category data from you, but we may be exposed to it pursuant to your use of the Services. For example, if when using our chat functions or other communication services, you choose to discuss your political views, sexual orientation or other sensitive or special category data, this will be collected by us as with any other information in the communications. If you would not like this information to be accessible by us, we encourage you not to disclose it through the use of the Services or otherwise.

Thank you. This doesn’t read like some shady data scraping spy bogey to try and get people all stirred up about, more like a world weary social studies teacher tasked with doing a unit to teach unruly middle schoolers that ‘there’s no privacy on the internet’. 🕵️‍♀️

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

This doesn’t read like some shady data scraping spy bogey to try and get people all stirred up about,

I've found that those who are psychologically conservative easily believe some nebulous group is after them, or even planning to take over the world.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I've found that those who are psychologically conservative easily believe some nebulous group is after them, or even planning to take over the world.

I don't think this is a trait of conservatism, though in recent times it's often common among those who identify as conservative. There's an element of distrust in the government & establishment that never used to be part of conservatism. It used to be just liberal, progressive people who distrusted the government, police, schools, big business, etc. Now both sides seem to distrust everyone who isn't part of their own little circle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Mine too, but I really don't care.

I kind of do, sort of in the same way I dislike when people are staring at my screen when I am on the computer or my phone.  It just kind of irks me.  Have you ever been on the web, and someone sees what you are looking at and starts commenting on it?  It to me is annoying, as though they are violating my personal space.

I can understand that people don't like feeling as though others are peeking in on them, they too want their own personal space.  But with that said, I barely chat at all in Second Life so it doesn't impact me at all.

I can understand the frustration some people feel, but I still don't think they have to be worried about being banned for calling their lover daddy.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What does this have to do with political sides? Lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Just one more reason to be compassionate and understanding.

After all, people are "the way they are", because every moment of their lives led up to who and how they are today.  (Even if it was "willful" on their parts.)

52 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

That sounds like adding injury to insult!

some are beyond hope though...so I do need to exclude a few from my offer....sorry   :(

Oops! I must be thinking of another treatment, maybe Swedish massage, shiatsu, etc. Since I don't personally believe in Reiki, it's easy for me to get them confused!

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:
37 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

About as much as it does psychology!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

After all, people are "the way they are", because every moment of their lives led up to who and how they are today.  (Even if it was "willful" on their parts.)

There’s a fine line between tolerance/loving kindness and enabling, as well as an expectation that shared personal space (like here) serve the greater aim. It’s a balance. Top Posts = volume, Popular Posts = tone. 😎

Edited by Fauve Aeon

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
40 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm telling you the 2nd time in 2 days....lay off me.

5 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:
42 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Nothing...I guess you don't know people can be PSYCHOLOGICALLY conservative...their consciousness.

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oops! I must be thinking of another treatment, maybe Swedish massage, shiatsu, etc. Since I don't personally believe in Reiki, it's easy for me to get them confused!

But the way she framed it, she was basically making it sound like conservatism is a mental health issue. I mean with that logic, liberalism could be considered the same. Lol 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Doesn't inspire confidence if it is limited in that way.

1 minute ago, Fauve Aeon said:
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There’s a fine line between tolerance/loving kindness and enabling, as well as an expectation that shared personal space (like here) serve the greater aim. It’s a balance. 

My point is:  You can't "blame" or "dismiss" people for taking a certain stance by saying "it is because they are conservative".  Because if they ARE "conservative", that's just part of who they are.

It doesn't mean you can't encourage them to consider other possibilities. 🙂

There's always the possibility of "false attribution".  Let's just say we figured out that BJ "just happens to be conservative".  That doesn't mean any controversial views or posts spring from being conservative.  We really can't know.  

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But the way she framed it, she was basically making it sound like conservatism is a mental health issue. I mean with that logic, liberalism could be considered the same. Lol 

just STOP!  You know nothing about it.

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Nothing...I guess you don't know people can be PSYCHOLOGICALLY conservative...their consciousness.

Can you prove it? Cite your sources as to how people can be this way. Lol 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:
6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

She's the mental health expert, what can you do? 

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

She's the mental health expert, what can you do? 

Still, she needs to prove that this is the case. She can't come in and say it is this, without any sort of sources. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Sometimes it does seem like that on both sides these days, that’s why it’s such a hot button, I’m going to avoid it. I’m ok with a lighthearted jest about a respite from this thread via Reiki though. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.