LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You set up a sting where you get a child avatar iming random guys asking if they want some underage fun, then ban every guy that shows up 😂

I see nothing wrong with this? If there's clear evidence of AP, boom. You act like what will happen instead is an avatar who is arguably 26 but wears pigtails will accidentally get the grid banned. 

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'm not saying teenagers are children. The law says teenagers are children. As a survivor of sexual abuse as a very young teenager .. .don't tell me that at the age of 14 I was not still a child. STOP! This argument is disgusting!

you are still missing the point, of course 14 yr olds are children, im talking about an avatar who looks like they MIGHT be 14, also means they MIGHT be 18.

Once again, RL children have nothing to to with any of this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

are you calling @Coffee Pancake a liar?

This can be either the "false dichotomy" fallacy, or the "blind loyalty" fallacy.

"There are two possibilities that we can consider here. The first [..] is the False Dichotomy Fallacy. Our person assumes there is only two possibilities, A and B, so after eliminating A she believes she has proven B.

The second fallacy is referred to as the Blind Loyalty Fallacy. Our person assumes their source cannot be misinformed/mistaken, so after eliminating the possiblility that he is lying, she concludes that what he says must be true."

https://philosophy.stackexchange.com/questions/42474/is-there-a-name-for-a-fallacy-wherein-it-is-assumed-either-someone-is-lying-or-t

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

No, so people understand what the limits are and not inadvertently step over them. What is it with you and some Lindens that believe residents are all looking for ways around the rules?

Not just falling off the turnip truck?

1 minute ago, stlshayne said:

I see nothing wrong with this? If there's clear evidence of AP, boom. You act like what will happen instead is an avatar who is arguably 26 but wears pigtails will accidentally get the grid banned. 

I will never get in trouble for AP because if a guy ims me and says hey baby you look soooo underage in that hair and outfit, why doncha come play with me, ill tell him to eff off 😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I will never get in trouble for AP because if a guy ims me and says hey baby you look soooo underage in that hair and outfit, why doncha come play with me, ill tell him to eff off 😂

Then what is the point of the thread? Letting said men know how they can get just all up on that line, but not cross it?

Edited by stlshayne

11 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You keep asking for a more defined set of guidelines.  You're not going to get that either.  They've already said as much.  

Probably not but it does help to point out to some ultra conservative members that they may be taking their opinions of what a child avatar is too far. Not naming any names but I have a couple in mind.

It doesn't matter what "anyone" ("ultra conservative members") thinks. 

It matters what the Governance team thinks who will be reviewing AR's.  They will be getting "false reports" ALL THE TIME, so will (it is ASSUMED, of course) use their own judgement and never blindly take an AR and push it through to the next step (warning, banning, etc.).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stlshayne said:

Then what is the point of the thread? Protecting said men?

If they were actually looking to stop *****, it would be a lot more effective if they focused on those who are attracted to underage appearing avatars and even promote others to be underage in looks and attitude.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

It doesn't matter what "anyone" ("ultra conservative members") thinks. 

It matters what the Governance team thinks who will be reviewing AR's.  They will be getting "false reports" ALL THE TIME, so will (it is ASSUMED, of course) use their own judgement and never blindly take an AR and push it through to the next step (warning, banning, etc.).

What do you base that opinion on? A flag is a flag no matter how you cut it. After that it is up to the discretionary powers of whoever is working on the governance team.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If they were actually looking to stop *****, it would be a lot more effective if they focused on those who are attracted to underage appearing avatars and even promote others to be underage in looks and attitude.

Well, why do you think they're (buy yalls argument) NSA-ing all of our IMs if not to catch these sickos?

And... if you didn't want to be the "decoy" is this imagined supposed string... it doesn't take a lot to be "most likely 20" instead of "arguably 14." This isn't RL.

Edited by stlshayne

7 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

Then what is the point of the thread? Letting said men know how they can get just all up on that line, but not cross it?

no its about how i can be over 18 and play as over 18 and still get in trouble with LL 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

you are still missing the point, of course 14 yr olds are children, im talking about an avatar who looks like they MIGHT be 14, also means they MIGHT be 18.

If your avatar looks 14 but since it's so hard to tell a 14 year old from an 18, then make your avatar look older than 18. Make sure you avatar cannot be mistaken for under 20 or 25. Do whatever it takes and STOP making excuses. This isn't rocket science. Do what it takes to be certain your avatar is not perceived as an edge case and stop defending your right to look 14 but say you are 18.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

no its about how i can be over 18 and play as over 18 and still get in trouble with LL 

Have you, or have you heard any first-hand accounts?

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

If your avatar looks 14 but since it's so hard to tell a 14 year old from an 18, then make your avatar look older than 18. Make sure you avatar cannot be mistaken for under 20 or 25. Do whatever it takes and STOP making excuses. This isn't rocket science. Do what it takes to be certain your avatar is not perceived as an edge case and stop defending your right to look 14 but say you are 18.

If I was in SL for something other than having an avatar appearing as low 20's, that would be good advice as it would unimportant how my avatar looks but then I wouldn't need SL for that. Any other platform would do. 

It is because it is important to me that I much prefer that style of avatar. If that is no longer allowable then maybe other platforms with a little more freedom of expression might be a better alternative. At this point however it seem the rigidity of expression is coming mostly from oldbie residents, not so much the Lab.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

If the LOOK is all that might be seen as underage, LL will take other things into consideration or have you not been paying attention.  For heaven's sake, you and Airelle both look like adults so unless you both are saying things in chat that might also be construed as AP,  then what the hell are you so worried about?   

13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That is exactly what the new rules give everyone the power to do.  If someone you're with wants you to appear/act/say you're underage, REPORT THEM as that is now specifically against the ToS.  If you continue with the RP (as the OP did) knowing that that person in interested in underage RP, don't expect any sympathy from anyone if you do get banned.  Get up and walk away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It is because it is important to me that I much prefer that style of avatar. If that is no longer allowable then maybe other platforms with a little more freedom of expression might be a better alternative.

fingers crossed *

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You can't get in trouble with LL in this scenario, unless the OTHER person in your RolePlay is "playing as under 18".

Exactly what do you want, "all the ways to get in trouble"?

With respect to the CURRENT discussion - in YOUR thread - about "AP", there are three possibilities (assuming there are only 2 people involved and present, and that you are not on G-rated land) :

1. You are representing as under 18

2. The other person is representing as under 18

3. You are both representing as under 18

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Removed unintentional emoji by adding a space

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If the LOOK is all that might be seen as underage, LL will take other things into consideration or have you not been paying attention. 

LL has repeatedly said this. 

I think people who don't believe it are calling LL liars. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If I was in SL for something other than having an avatar appearing as low 20's, that would be good advice as it would unimportant how my avatar looks but then I wouldn't need SL for that. Any other platform would do. 

Your avatar looks mid 20s. You're totally fine.

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It is because it is important to me that I much prefer that style of avatar. If that is no longer allowable then maybe other platforms with a little more freedom of expression might be a better alternative.

You can have an avatar of any age here. The new TOS doesn't ban that.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Who thinks an avatar who appears and presents as 22 is inarguably underage? The paranoia in these threads, honestly.

I'm short in RL, tall in SL - like many are older in RL, college-aged in SL.

I end up dwarfing female relatives, friends,  etc. This doesn't make them look 12, though. They could all appear in a SL college yearbook with no avatar modifications.

Do you know how many of them will the new TOS hit? 0.

Bc they don't screw with that line. If they're in a situation, they mention their age, etc.

It ain't hard. 

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

Who thinks an avatar who appears and presents as 22 is inarguably underage? The paranoia in these threads, honestly.

I'm short in RL, tall in SL - like many are older in RL, college-aged in SL.

I end up dwarfing female relatives, friends,  etc. This doesn't make them look 12, though. They could all appear in a SL college yearbook with no avatar modifications.

Do you know how many of them will the new TOS hit? 0.

Bc they don't screw with that line. If they're in a situation, they mention their age, etc.

It ain't hard. 

We do have mentally challenged residents, Shayne. Often in such cases we need to explain reality over and over, and eventually it becomes comprehensible to them. I know it's difficult, but often much patience is needed.  Hugs.

27 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Im 5ft 5 and large breasted. There are 15 yr olds in rl that are 5 ft 5  and are large breasted.

So you are saying I cant look the way I want because there are rl 15 year olds that look like me? There are also 20 year olds that look like me.

I don’t look 14, but you might choose to see me as 14 and report me.

So once again, its “you better make yourself look 30 just to be safe”.

Here is a much better better idea, just mind your own business and stop looking for people to report for the crime of looking young

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.