LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Yes there really needs to be a inworld notification of all of this stuff.

People all had to agree with the new ToS on signing in with Second Life.
Not reading it and just clicking to get over with it is not Linden Lab's fault, is it?

As has been discussed in the 2342 pages of different threads about this subject already over the last month.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

People all had to agree on signing in with the new ToS.
Not reading it and just clicking it is not Linden Lab's fault, is it?

As has been discussed in the 2342 pages of different threads about this subject already.

Every single inworld person i asked if they read the TO's before agreeing to it said NO, lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Not reading it and just clicking to get over with it is not Linden Lab's fault, is it?

As has been discussed in the 2342 pages of different threads about this subject already over the last month.

Sure it is the Lab's fault. Any legitimate and reputable company gives advance warning of ToS and Privacy Policy changes weeks ahead and tells you what they will be. The Lab does not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

To be honest, I'm more so concerned with this topic repeatedly being discussed on this forum, and having my ISP wondering wth is going on and then possibly having my ISP ban my account.  I think that is just as likely to occur as it is for anyone to get banned for calling their lover daddy.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

They could do some kind of click here to see what changed button.  So people can easily skip to the changed part.  Read it then agree to it, instead of thinking life is too short to read all of that and just smacking agree to play SL.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

To be honest, I'm more so concerned with this topic repeatedly being discussed on this forum, and having my ISP wondering wth is going on and then possibly having my ISP ban my account.  I think that is just as likely to occur than it is for anyone to get banned for calling their lover daddy.

Might want to look for another ISP as they'll be wondering why you're playing so much of a Barbie dress up game! ;) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You mean like an amber alert...like those blue pop-ups from LL we got early on?

Sure, they have the technology! 

Only if it comes with a big blaring siren...along with a loud voice announcing what's going on....like the amber alerts on our phones...

/me is being silly now

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Only if it comes with a big blaring siren...along with a loud voice announcing what's going on....like the amber alerts on our phones...

/me is being silly now

You said it. But yes you have maybe become so used to the mickey mouse way the Lab has of doing things that you think this is normal in spite of it being pointed out it is quite dysfunctional. Other platforms are a little more upfront about major changes.

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Might want to look for another ISP as they'll be wondering why you're playing so much of a Barbie dress up game! ;) 

I can only imagine, although with this topic repeatedly being brought up I do wonder if I am under their watch now, considering just how often it has been brought up.  Just waiting for the knock on the door, with two men in black, demanding why I keep refreshing some forum page and the topic keeps reappearing 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I can only imagine, although with this topic repeatedly being brought up I do wonder if I am under their watch now, considering just how often it has been brought up.  Just waiting for the knock on the door, with two men in black, demanding why I keep refreshing some forum page and the topic keeps reappearing 🤣

Men in black or in white orderly suits with a third one for you!

d872cca2a0b876a084ca0db78947c0cf.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Starting today, I'm calling everyone Daddy.  

Maybe if I call Anubis Daddy, he'll finally give me a long island iced tea.. it is worth a try.

Anubis.thumb.jpg.df3901ad4a6562c307609b77e01d5a1a.jpg

bleh.. still refuses to serve me.  I think it might be because I called him anumbis, I'll have to try again later.

• Haha 4

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

It'll improve your love life!

Yeah, never had an issues in that area of SL.  Just thought since I'm cute and kinda short, it would be a fun experience.  Just like the outfit I wore to an adult area that had me looking younger, I'll report back with any warnings for calling everyone Daddy.   Stay tuned!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yeah, never had an issues in that area of SL.  Just thought since I'm cute and kinda short, it would be a fun experience.  Just like the outfit I wore to an adult area that had me looking younger, I'll report back with any warnings for calling everyone Daddy.   Stay tuned!

There's always someone who tries to get banned on purpose? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What if they AR you for calling them that? How would you know and they would have the right to do so as you might be coming on to them as a child avatar.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I have a couple of boyfriends that like to be called Daddy while we play. After I make it clear I'm over 18, we get into it.

But now, the whole time I'm emoting I'm thinking, is the convo gonna be flagged and some Linden is gonna read it and go omg its AP, and cancel our accounts?

It's total BS

Thanks a lot Linden Lab for making a harmless pretend session a possible termination event.

You've made it clear you are 18+..

Where's the problem?

My grandmother calls my grandfather dad and he calls her mom.  I call my husband daddy and he calls me mom. Mostly in front of the kids but not always in front of the kids..

It's pretty normal for parents to call each other that..

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.