LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

What is more interesting is when somebody says something that is plain unvarnished truth, like "A car won't run without an engine", and people complain that "cars are not just about engines", as if that actually MEANT something important, or in anyway negated the original statement that "a car won't run without an engine".

It's almost like many on the forum are obsessed with finding fault in others isn't it.  I can only assume that by doing so they temporarily feel they are the 'good person without fault'.

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I find it interesting how the statement that Governance would prefer to educate people about the new TOS rules rather than ban them outright has now become "detention and re-education camps" in your mind. 🤔

Isn't claiming that education is bad, one of the hallmarks of conservatism?

3 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Apparently, the complaint is that we can no longer enjoy the "fun" of dressing up as "Just 15 barely illegal pole-dancing tip-jar hookers" and going cruising for "generous daddies" at venues such as "teen skanks for old incels", without fear that LL's Secret Police will perve our IM's and send us to detention camps to be "re-educated" to NOT use the "f**k f**k no" conspiracy bunker web bowser, by EVIL "leftist SJW enemies of FreeDumb!".

Allegedly.

oh-no-emoji.gif.b224468c6390c0b4b2f06c31bd84979d.gif

Yep! Apparently, only edgy and "forbidden" things are "fun". How dare they prevent people from doing things that are "forbidden"? That's no "fun"!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's almost like many on the forum are obsessed with finding fault in others isn't it.  I can only assume that by doing so they temporarily feel they are the 'good person without fault'.

Yes! Obsession with fault-finding is bad! I mean, it's only bad when OTHER people do it!

8 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Yes its the words themselves that are now forbidden, not the avatar. 

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

False. 

Hope you're right Love but too much evidence for it being exactly that.

7 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

This thread is going no where. 

Where do think it should go?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I find it interesting how the statement that Governance would prefer to educate people about the new TOS rules rather than ban them outright has now become "detention and re-education camps" in your mind. 🤔

Use the term that feels right for you then. 

Re-education camps would be a good thing because at least it gives the community/residents a good indication of where they are drawing the line, something I don't feel the Lindens have done yet publicly.

Personally I think it would be good to see some actual evidence of then doing that rather then just using the ban hammer. Like Coffee said in another thread, they really need to do away with the whole banning thing unless there have been multiple warnings with increasing ban times like they do with the forum.

3 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

What is more interesting is when somebody says something that is plain unvarnished truth, like "A car won't run without an engine", and people complain that "cars are not just about engines", as if that actually MEANT something important, or in anyway negated the original statement that "a car won't run without an engine".

Electric cars don't have engines, they have motors.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/engine

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Apparently, the complaint is that we can no longer enjoy the "fun" of dressing up as "Just 15 barely illegal pole-dancing tip-jar hookers" and going cruising for "generous daddies" at venues such as "teen skanks for old incels", without fear that LL's Secret Police will perve our IM's and send us to detention camps to be "re-educated" to NOT use the "f**k f**k no" conspiracy bunker web bowser, by EVIL "leftist SJW enemies of FreeDumb!".

Allegedly.

oh-no-emoji.gif.b224468c6390c0b4b2f06c31bd84979d.gif

Everything you say is true, but as I have pointed out already, AP purely in ims using two adult avatars will be caught and punished with bans by the new AI chat monitor.

And yes, I'm gonna promote it as true, but that's a good thing isn't it? If enough people believe AI chat monitoring already exists and change their behavour accordingly, LL will never actually have to impliment AI chat monitoring, and will save them selves some Money.

*iming LL to negotiate my cut of the money they save by me spreading this rumor*

4 hours ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

So, there are a lot of people who do not use SL for sex. And that you believe that is all SL is good for and without it SL would fall is interesting. 

🤔  

Sorry, sex drives the SL economy, without it SL WILL fail

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

*holding up a mirror for Luna to look into*

I'd mention a pot and a kettle. but that's probably racist somehow. 😂

37 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Hope you're right Love but too much evidence for it being exactly that.

Where do think it should go?

AI catches two people doing AP, they will be banned, its like if they decided to ban the N word, you say it, AI hears it, buh bye

30 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Use the term that feels right for you then. 

Re-education camps would be a good thing because at least it gives the community/residents a good indication of where they are drawing the line, something I don't feel the Lindens have done yet publicly.

Personally I think it would be good to see some actual evidence of then doing that rather then just using the ban hammer. Like Coffee said in another thread, they really need to do away with the whole banning thing unless there have been multiple warnings with increasing ban times like they do with the forum.

They could send miscreants to special re education sims, and they can't tp out until their  minds are reprogrammed

57 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

AI catches two people doing AP, they will be banned, its like if they decided to ban the N word, you say it, AI hears it, buh bye

So, in your own words, people would be banned for doing something they were told they'd be banned for.

Heaven forfend...

If you had a point, it would be that they were accused of doing it when they weren't. But that's not what you said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

As usual with Amateur Shopping Mall Psychology, your assumption is wrong.

It's because many people around here like to spam Positivity Cultist Drivel of Utter Worthlessness.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Electric cars don't have engines, they have motors.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/engine

"An engine or motor is a machine designed to convert one or more forms of energy into mechanical energy"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine

"engine, n. A complicated machine with moving parts, for producing a given physical effect, esp. the conversion of power into motion"

https://www.oed.com/search/dictionary/?q=engine

"motor, n. & adj. A machine that supplies motive power for a vehicle or other device with moving parts"

https://www.oed.com/search/dictionary/?q=motor&

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

"An engine or motor is a machine designed to convert one or more forms of energy into mechanical energy"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine

"engine, n. A complicated machine with moving parts, for producing a given physical effect, esp. the conversion of power into motion"

https://www.oed.com/search/dictionary/?q=engine

"motor, n. & adj. A machine that supplies motive power for a vehicle or other device with moving parts"

https://www.oed.com/search/dictionary/?q=motor&

So, your electric toothbrush has an engine? Of course this is a quibble, but you were holding up "a car won't run without an engine" as an indisputable fact. Sloppy, especially coming from someone living in a place where they drive on "motorways."

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

OTHER games (such as Minecraft) automatically ban people just for cursing.

There is no reason or evidence to suggest LL will ban people without a review by humans. You keep stating there will be, as if it is an established fact.

Not sure if you're misrepresenting facts, or stirring the pot. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

OTHER games (such as Minecraft) automatically ban people just for cursing.

There is no reason or evidence to suggest LL will ban people without a review by humans. You keep stating there will be, as if it is an established fact.

Not sure if you're misrepresenting facts, or stirring the pot. 

WhyNotBoth.png.b4296b4aa567e9efdc24ca8f3eb60811.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

especially coming from someone living in a place where they drive on "motorways."

If you had broken the habit of a lifetime and ACTUALLY read a linked page, you'd have seen this further down the page..

"motor, v. intransitive. Chiefly with adverb or prepositional phrase. To travel or drive in a motor vehicle."

Also, re you attempts to teach English to people from the county that holds IP Rights on that language, have you leaned to spell "colour" and "aluminium" correctly yet?

Asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
58 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

especially coming from someone living in a place where they drive on "motorways."

If you had broken the habit of a lifetime and ACTUALLY read a linked page, you'd have seen this further down the page..

"motor, v. intransitive. Chiefly with adverb or prepositional phrase. To travel or drive in a motor vehicle."

Also, re you attempts to teach English to people from the county that holds IP Rights on that language, have you leaned to spell "colour" and "aluminium" correctly yet?

Asking for a friend.

One way or the other, we'll either "motor through" or "engineer around" this mess!

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Asking for a friend.

Should ask that friend to use a spellchecker on the question they want you to ask since they misspelled 3 words in that one sentence aside from the word "colour" and the weird way of spelling "aluminum"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.