Default rigged avatar for 3DS Max ? Where is it ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is some information in this thread that may be helpful to you along with a skeleton for Maya which should import no problem for you, and the avatar is pretty easy to find by just searching google. If for some reason you do have an issue, you can always just export the the avatar and rig from the avatar.blend file that is what I did and it works fine, I use Maya but all programs work very similar as long as you can import/ export collada.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Mesh-Best-Practices-Maya/td-p/182772

[edited] o and in that thread you will see a lot of people talk about the skeleton looks all messed up?? just change your bone scale in max before you import and you will be fine :D hope this helps

I'm somewhat surprised that the mesh team have not released default rigged avatar scenes for Max, Maya, Blender etc.

We shouldn't all have to reinvent the wheel when the wheel already exists.

Please Linden Labs, you have the default rigged avatar !  Please release official rigged avatar scenes for the main 3D tools.

How about an official Linden Lab COLLADA version of the rigged scene.

Mesh is due for release very soon, it's not efficient or encouraging that we all have to waste time searching around for default scenes created by third parties  and/or having to make our own rigged scenes etc.

Please, Please mesh Lindens release official default rigged scenes

Your very welcome :D Just to follow up, the default avatar or one that you would extract from your present inventory is triangulated when you get it open in max. I am sure max has quadrangulate but that does a horrible job on topology and your are going to spend a lot of time re-topoing. Your best to just get a skeleton which is very easy to come by and model your own around the skeleton :D not to mention upon upload that there is no disputing that the content is yours!

Also an easy free way to get and avatar to work with is to get the free version of blender if you dont already have it, download the avatar.blend file from machinimatrix, export the whole scene to collada, now import into max and your good. I think the only thing you have to do is make max Z up, but to be honest I dont think that matters anymore cause I have used different orientations of the skeleton and exported to mesh grid fine. You just can't rescale the skeleton, yet anyway and I hope that is something that changes along with normal maps :D hope this helps I tried to attach a collada file for you but you cant attach .zips anymore :( good luck

would be lovely for you to share your set up and ready max file, but I don't see an easy way to. the wiki only allows picture uploads. Someone needs to set up some sort of 3d warehouse for SecondLife so we can share these things easily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.