Is there anyway to find out if someone u met is an alt

Dawn OHanlon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

You could try asking them.  You could query everyone you meet with "Hi are you an alt" and if they say yes, you can take them off your Christmas card list.

--Cinn

P.S. I truly do not understand this obsession people have about alts.  Every avatar in SL is an alternative to someone in RL.

• Like 2

SL is a big place, with lots of people in it. Even if this person has the same "mannerisms" as the person that you don't "wish to know as a friend," it dosn't necessarily mean that she is an alt. Of anybody. However, if your intuition tells you that this is someone to avoid, by all means avoid her. No use creating drama over what may be nothing.

Dawn OHanlon wrote:

I recently met someone - I am wondering if she is an alt of someone that I have no wish to know as a friend.  Is there anyway to find out?

There's always a "papertrail", something that will give them away, but no official way of finding out (unless you get to work for Linden Lab and have God privileges).

If it were me in your situation, getting a "vibe" that a person could be an alt of someone I have no wish to know, then I wouldn't be wasting any time on them at all. Harsh maybe, but life is too short when you both could be spending time with people you actually like.

Nope. Everyone has a secret.  Even you.  Life's too short to waste trying to figure out what anyone else would rather not have you know.  If you meet someone you'd like to know, strike up a friendship.  If the friendship doesn't go where you expected, walk away.  Sorta like RL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.