Disable Unlink

Hector Michinaga

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all, i m searching a way to disable unlink on an object.

I m obligate to let it in modify because the owner can put items in inventory but i search solution to block unlink.

I tried to detect unlink and relink prims in automatic but i m not happy for this solution because the system open the permission windows.

If someone know a solution don't hesitate to say me it.

Hector.

Why don't you leave it no modify but then have a separate prim that can be updated with content and use llRemoteLoadPIN and send the content via a secure update?  Depends on the use case and we don't know it.  You can detect link count and that won't bring up any dialogs.

yes i understand and i thought to this solution.

But for this program i search something very to use for customers and i find than rez a box to put items inside and a few complex for many customers :))) and it add a step in my network who is already complex.

In fact all my programs are ready to work. just this little point :))) else in the worse case i ll detect unlink action and make the item unusable ( sure it's a few sad :)

I don't think there is a way of disabeling unlink (or any other object modification), when the owner has mod rights.
I think you need to search an alternative mechanism, such as an external rezzed "dropbox" object using llGiveInventory or something.

You might also want to look into the function llAllowInventoryDrop: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlAllowInventoryDrop

It allows dropping items into the object, even if that person does not have modifiy permission on it. Note that this allows anyone to drop items in, which may not be exactly what you wanted... It is also limited to items which are not scripts. Also, the person who placed the item can not delete it afterwards, that must be done using a script.

Allow inventory drop could probably work, if it's owner only, just get them to touch it first and choose "AllowDrop" on a menu, then they can drop and then it time out and stop allow after a minute or something like that.  As you said, delete from a menu is easy enough too.

We're having to guess though as we don't know the use case.  I have my own methods of modify prims while making it very hard to unlink but that's for my products.

hello,

thank you Blob and Sassy for your Answers.

I studied the box relay, it's possible of course but after reflexion it change radically the user process. So i don't want change the process just for a technical problem ( mostly just for the unlink ).

I studied too the llAllowInventoryDrop and found it was no really adapted but never thought to put in owner menu with timer. I find it's a very good idea andf i think i ll go on this solution.

Thank you again.

Ps : I know I didn't say what is the project but i don't like tell on that before the end. Certainly i m a few paranoid :) But when all ll be end ( very soon now ) I ll send to you the item if you want of course. It ll give free traffic for your shops and lands ( i hope ) :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.